• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

3 power/response settings/modes?

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Been looking for some more info on the 3 power settings available to adjust between on these sleds. Talks about better throttle response and more power in some modes wondering if anyone has any solid info or real world riding feedback on the separate settings if it limits boost or rpm. Is there a fuel octane requirement difference in different modes? It’s advertised as pump gas but hopefully someone has some good intel. I snow checked and 165 boost and really stoked and trying to find as much info as I can. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Been looking for some more info on the 3 power settings available to adjust between on these sleds. Talks about better throttle response and more power in some modes wondering if anyone has any solid info or real world riding feedback on the separate settings if it limits boost or rpm. Is there a fuel octane requirement difference in different modes? It’s advertised as pump gas but hopefully someone has some good intel. I snow checked and 165 boost and really stoked and trying to find as much info as I can. TIA

Do you have any video or literature you are referring to?

I have not seen anything on different power “modes”

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Do you have any video or literature you are referring to?

I have not seen anything on different power “modes”

Ya in the latest snowest magazine it talks about it just a bit and on the gram there’s been a couple comments.

Last edited:

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
6511f8147f5f6c007fc18dcaff1f5c88.jpg

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I'm curious too how the modes work since it's a mechanical throttle it can't be like on motorcycles were they just cut the throttle input to a certain point in various driving modes

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
I'm curious too how the modes work since it's a mechanical throttle it can't be like on motorcycles were they just cut the throttle input to a certain point in various driving modes

The modes can retard timing and reduce boost easily enough.

Nov 29, 2007
3 different maps would be my guess. most modern day 4 stroke dirt bikes have adjustable map switches on the handle bars. On the new yamaha's there is a switch for two maps that you can switch while riding, you can also connect your i phone to your bike to adjust fuel and timing.

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
There was three modes on the one a guy I talked to who rode one two weeks ago in revy. So something must of changed.

Feb 14, 2010
they had the sleds at the dealer yesterday, there are no different modes on the 2022 model.
they may have been doing some testing, I am sure the REP would know. why don`t Polaris advertise that it has 3 modes ? it was only Snowest that did, Polaris has never said it has 3 modes.

Premium Features