• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" Power Claw on Axys

A
Dec 23, 2018
I have both the Power Claw and X3 on 163 turbo Axys. The power claw works extremely well it’s hard to say witch is better. Epic deep days the X3 might edge it out a little. When tree riding and you think your stuck with the power claw it just keeps going and going so many times I’ve thought I was done off the sled rocking or pushing and and it just keeps me moving enough it just doesn’t stop

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have both the Power Claw and X3 on 163 turbo Axys. The power claw works extremely well it’s hard to say witch is better. Epic deep days the X3 might edge it out a little. When tree riding and you think your stuck with the power claw it just keeps going and going so many times I’ve thought I was done off the sled rocking or pushing and and it just keeps me moving enough it just doesn’t stop

Yep.
Nearly identical experience on a pair of 162 turbo Axys 800’s

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
This is my sled not finished yet but with a 153 power claw. With nextech 155 skid 8 inch wheels and 7t avid drivers. Havent ridden it yet this year but it Fits fine20191108_162603.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Rode a few now. 153 3" PC under my Khaos, also have run X3 in past. I love the powerclaw, the thing digs like no other track on the market, for MT and farther NW snow this is the track to have, the X3 is a little more forgiving and creates a bit more float, but if you know how to handle and utilize the dig of the AC track, IMO nothing compares to it.

J
Dec 23, 2018
Rode a few now. 153 3" PC under my Khaos, also have run X3 in past. I love the powerclaw, the thing digs like no other track on the market, for MT and farther NW snow this is the track to have, the X3 is a little more forgiving and creates a bit more float, but if you know how to handle and utilize the dig of the AC track, IMO nothing compares to it.
How's that setup perform in technical terrain. I have a powerclaw and a khaos Raptor conversion ready to put in but I'm wondering with the added traction, the Khaos kit might make it a little bit of a wheelie machine in ugly terrain. I will be a 162 so it shouldn't be as out of control as yours. Just curious what your thoughts were.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
How's that setup perform in technical terrain. I have a powerclaw and a khaos Raptor conversion ready to put in but I'm wondering with the added traction, the Khaos kit might make it a little bit of a wheelie machine in ugly terrain. I will be a 162 so it shouldn't be as out of control as yours. Just curious what your thoughts were.

Forgiveness is not the sleds strong suite! lol. You need to def carry more speed with this config. I've also put a bit of time on a 162 khaos /powerclaw combo and it is way more tame, pops out of the snow like a khaos but planes out much better. The 153 is a wild ride! lol The sled is incredibly fast and builds speed super efficiently, but also ends up upside down and backwards VERY fast! Its exactly what I wanted and love every minute on it. Just cut the tunnel 5" on the 153 and its even more ridiculously fun, the traction never shuts off.

Premium Features