• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3.2 track.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
So after doing a lot of digging I can’t seam to find what I was looking for. Those running the 3.2 on sleds with factory quick drive are you able to run the factory 3 inch pitch drivers or are you having to run avid’s? Track has center punched for driver. And when you run avid’s how much do you trim the rails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
I am glad your asking as i have a 850/2.6 and was considering this same track, I spoke with a local guy out here and he had done a lot of testing on the axys 800 as well as the 850 and he really likes the 3.2 and said in order to run that track I would have to get 3" pitch 7 tooth drivers, he also recommended a gear down kit along with a clutch kit. I as well haven't found anything on peoples experiences but sure would like to before committing.

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
sorry i just re read my post and have no way of correcting my post, but yes you would need avids or powderfreaks centre driver... sorry for the repost and I hope i got it all right but i'm sure if not someone will correct me and fill in the blanks... LOL

C
Sep 16, 2018
I have the 3.2 on my 19 850, I run avid 7 tooth drivers, I put ice age rails on mine with anti stab. You could cut back stock rails and run a anti stab as well. I put pro gears in mine and clutching. Really happy with this setup. Also you don’t need centre driver.

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
I have the 3.2 on my 19 850, I run avid 7 tooth drivers, I put ice age rails on mine with anti stab. You could cut back stock rails and run a anti stab as well. I put pro gears in mine and clutching. Really happy with this setup. Also you don’t need centre driver.

Do you know if you can run the stock rails without cutting them down if you run the centre driver, the only reason I ask is that this new to me 850 has painted rails so putting on ice age rails would be an added expense and if the stock rails need to be cut back do you know by how much?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I run a X3 156 on my 2013 910 and that track is fantastic for me!!!

Soooo....I sold my 163 2.6 before my 850 arrived last year.

I picked up the 3.2 with 7t Avids and Kurt's gear down. Also grabbed an IceAge anti stab axle. Don't forget to trim the rails. Don't put the rail caps back on.
I'm pretty happy with that track to far.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
Is there any benefits to running the avid drivers with center drive besides not cutting the rails? I have a two wheel anti stab of a set of arctic cats rails ready to install. I’ve been riding doo for the last 9 years so trying to get caught back up on the Polaris world

C
Sep 16, 2018
You’ll need to cut rails regardless if you have the 2.6” track model. You’re changing the pitch from 2.86 to 3”. Don’t matter if you run centre drive or not. Put extrovert drives on and you’re done. Best way to go. Centre drives aren’t very good imo

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Are the rails on a chain case 3" factory sled the same as the 2.6?

Are the factory 3" tracks 3.0 pitch?

Is it really necessary to run anti stab when converting a 2.6 track to x3 or x3.2?

Is it Avid drivers are just a hair longer than the factory 3" tracks center drive?

FYI, I am running Ice Age anti stab, x3 track, and Avid drivers.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Are the rails on a chain case 3" factory sled the same as the 2.6?

Are the factory 3" tracks 3.0 pitch?

Is it really necessary to run anti stab when converting a 2.6 track to x3 or x3.2?

Is it Avid drivers are just a hair longer than the factory 3" tracks center drive?

FYI, I am running Ice Age anti stab, x3 track, and Avid drivers.

As far as I know, the rails are same, whether it's a chaincase or QD or 3" or 2.6".

Polaris track is 2.86 pitch.
Camso track is 3.00 pitch.

I'm HEARING that Avid drivers don't actually measure out to a 3.0 pitch (just a little less).
You SHOULD change drivers, but I"m hearing people say they didn't and didn't have a problem.

I would always run anti-stab when rail caps are removed, no matter what track you are converting to, especially if the drivers are a little larger than what you had before, even if the rail tips are "shaped" from trimming.
Have you seen that old video of the skidoo rev climbing a hill, coming toward the camera, and SHRED his track and spit it out the back, right on the spot
?

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
So I’m installing a anti stab regardless but what would happen if a guy used the lower skid mount holes would the drivers clear the rail tips?

polarisperformance

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Québec
As far as I know, the rails are same, whether it's a chaincase or QD or 3" or 2.6".

Polaris track is 2.86 pitch.
Camso track is 3.00 pitch.

I'm HEARING that Avid drivers don't actually measure out to a 3.0 pitch (just a little less).
You SHOULD change drivers, but I"m hearing people say they didn't and didn't have a problem.

I would always run anti-stab when rail caps are removed, no matter what track you are converting to, especially if the drivers are a little larger than what you had before, even if the rail tips are "shaped" from trimming.
Have you seen that old video of the skidoo rev climbing a hill, coming toward the camera, and SHRED his track and spit it out the back, right on the spot
?

rail on the 3.0 pitch rmk (156 )are longer than rail on the 2.86 pitch (155). About 5/8'' longer. 155 x 2.86 pitch track is very tight on the 156 x 3.00 pitch rail

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I’m just saying

polaris uses the “163” stickers on both 160 class sleds.

polaris uses “155” stickers on both 150 class sleds.

but the 2.6” and 3” sleds have different rails in both the 155 and 163 class.

(154.5”, 156”, 162” and 163.02” rails.

Premium Features