• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3” track questions

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I did punch and clip an alpha 3” for a twin rail snd it’s my favorite deep snow for sure on a non alpha sled
I really want to try an alpha track on my 19 setup with a twin rail elevate kit. I'm certain AC would sell a lot of alpha tracks setup for twin rails!!!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I have all 3 tracks on sleds, 3” PC, 3” alpha and 2.75 polaris. For a deep powder track the alpha 3” really is king, the doo 3” is pretty close (yea, have one of those too). Personally I think the 2023 new doo 3” will reign, but it’s untested yet. Also hard to compare the 3” cat track to the polaris 2.75. In my experience the 2.75 trenches less than the cat 3” track, simply because it doesn’t have as much lug. It also doesn’t propel you forward as quickly as the cat 3”, for the same reason, less lug height=less traction in deep snow.
IMO, all three manufacturers are making very good factory tracks. Each has its own characteristics that make it slightly better in various snow conditions. I did punch and clip an alpha 3” for a twin rail snd it’s my favorite deep snow for sure on a non alpha sled, doo 3” is a very close second, but has to be cut down to 15” wide
what about the new polaris 3"? Gotta feeling it will be good as new doo track, the vid of the three guys who tested the 9r with it seemed to like it better than the 2.75. That and whatever lynx is doing for a 15x3 should be killer tracks. Too bad factory tracks cost so darn much and will likely not be available this year.
#FJB

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I was able to get my 3" PC for 999.99, a lot cheaper than any OEM tracks.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
what about the new polaris 3"? Gotta feeling it will be good as new doo track, the vid of the three guys who tested the 9r with it seemed to like it better than the 2.75. That and whatever lynx is doing for a 15x3 should be killer tracks. Too bad factory tracks cost so darn much and will likely not be available this year.
#FJB
Not a new polaris 3 inch. Been out since the axys. I was never really a fan.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The alpha track does nothing in sugar snow, and is the worst thing ever created for solid or icy conditions

The 3x3 is decent in all conditions
Idk?
I think my Alpha has better traction on hard snow and ice than my 3in Khaos.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
#FJB
Spill the beans!
What is this new 3in Polaris track?
My 3in khaos is fine most of the time but not impressive by anymeans.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
There is no new 3" For polaris but there is a video with 3 guys that I think were from a snowmobile magazine who gave there opinion on the 9r which had the 2.75 and one with the 3" and they seem to perfer the 3" polaris track better. I will try and find and post the video.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
There is no new 3" For polaris but there is a video with 3 guys that I think were from a snowmobile magazine who gave there opinion on the 9r which had the 2.75 and one with the 3" and they seem to perfer the 3" polaris track better. I will try and find and post the video.

Yeah I think I’ve seen it or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
was thinking polaris made a series 8 3" based on the comments, my bad.
starts at 20 mins in

Sounds like the negatives of the 3" went away when they put QD2 on it. I think even the BBA guys were mixed on it at that point.
Im not a fan of QD brake on the jackshaft anyways. Polaris is still behind in their tracks I now realize. carry on...

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
#FJB

2023 Lynx track is the exact same track as the 2022 doo track other than 15” wide. At least that’s what they told me at the doo tour, pretty much my biggest real for not buying a Lynx, wanted the new track.

Premium Features