• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

22 Matryx Munster Throttle Install Help

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Attemped a Munster throttle install on my khaos slash this evening and cold not locate the actual plugs in the engine compartment for the TPS and thumb warmer. Kinda pissed off!!! LOL

There is so much stuff stuffed under the hood and tough to access. I found where a clump of wires seem to dissappear between part of the structure and a bunch of plastic back behind the air box. Have no idea how to get at it but assuming that’s where the plugs are that I need access to. I had a lot of stuff disconnected and off the machine only to put it all back on. Not sure how to get at the harness on the left side of the sled.

Any help or pics or info of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I just finished the install the plug ins are in a bag right against where your left knee would hit when riding standing up.
Definitely more involved then the axys I pulled the seat and moved the plastic back a lot of push pull pins and a few torx screws it’s not hard just a few things to remove

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
the connections are in the bag on the left side of the console
there is way less room to work with on the matryx, make access to the connections more difficult

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I just finished the install the plug ins are in a bag right against where your left knee would hit when riding standing up.
Definitely more involved then the axys I pulled the seat and moved the plastic back a lot of push pull pins and a few torx screws it’s not hard just a few things to remove
So let’s see if I have this roughly:
1. Remove hood and side panels
2. Remove the few plastic prices around the top of steering colum
3. Remove seat
4. Remove shroud of plastic that wraps from the side over the gas tank and around the other side? Looks like the handle bars need to come off to do this as the plastic appears to have a one piece shroud.

Am I missing any major steps? L

Last edited:
D
Oct 31, 2013
NH
So let’s see if I have this roughly:
1. Remove hood and side panels
2. Remove the few plastic prices around the top of steering colum
3. Remove seat
4. Remove shroud of plastic that wraps from the side over the gas tank and around the other side?

Yes will be best to remove all that stuff I did it with just the side undone. But if you don’t know what you’re looking for remove it. Just a bunch of push pins and the plastic nut on the gas tank. Pull the console and the pull cord towards the back of the seat area to open up the area you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Yes will be best to remove all that stuff I did it with just the side undone. But if you don’t know what you’re looking for remove it. Just a bunch of push pins and the plastic nut on the gas tank. Pull the console and the pull cord towards the back of the seat area to open up the area you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx very much. I’ll give this a try and see how ut goes.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
4. Remove shroud of plastic that wraps from the side over the gas tank and around the other side? Looks like the handle bars need to come off to do this as the plastic appears to have a one piece shroud.

You don’t have to remove the handle bars. The plastic shroud, or console, has a small removable piece just in front of the steering column. Pull the 2 pins, slide it back a quarter inch and out it comes. Then the console pulls backwards off the steering column. You have to spread the front sides outward as you do so to clear the intake.

I have mine all apart right now, if you want pictures I can take some.

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013
Really appreciate the information and offers to help….thanks so much.

Based on what you all provided I dug in again and aside from taking a few minutes it was a very simple install. Thx again.

View attachment 385019
Does it feel like you will be getting full throttle?
My 18 mtn cat wasn't getting quite full throttle when I put the Munster on.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Does it feel like you will be getting full throttle?
My 18 mtn cat wasn't getting quite full throttle when I put the Munster on.
my original Muster on my Axys did this. He redesigned the pull, updated version works fine. may be the same for the Cat

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Just put one on my 22 cat. Also did not get full WOT with install. Adjusted the throttle cable to get it to just get WOT when throttle squeezed to the bars. Still has a touch of play in cable when released about like stock so Id say throw is good. Will check again after I run it a bit more and fine tune from there. I wanted the bars to be the stop not the throttle body for fear of busting a cable. Took quite a bit of back and forth to get perfect and Im sure once I run it and get a bit of stretch will have to adjust again. Not a colossal PITA on a cat but I do wish it was same spot as a poo ?

Im assuming thats how you guys have em adjusted right? To not have the throttle body be the stop?

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013
Just put one on my 22 cat. Also did not get full WOT with install. Adjusted the throttle cable to get it to just get WOT when throttle squeezed to the bars. Still has a touch of play in cable when released about like stock so Id say throw is good. Will check again after I run it a bit more and fine tune from there. I wanted the bars to be the stop not the throttle body for fear of busting a cable. Took quite a bit of back and forth to get perfect and Im sure once I run it and get a bit of stretch will have to adjust again. Not a colossal PITA on a cat but I do wish it was same spot as a poo ?

Im assuming thats how you guys have em adjusted right? To not have the throttle body be the stop?
Just switched back to Polaris. There is a lot of things I'm going to miss accessibility wise on the Cat vs Poo.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA

I just threw a Munster on my Matryx yesterday, that is how I adjusted the throttle. Wanted it to bottom out on the bars. I adjusted the cable for a few mins making sure I got it right before it began to pull the throttle off the handlebar. Will see if I got it spot on this next weekend lol.

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013
How did you get the throttle block off without taking the grips and bar end off?

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
It slides apart to split off the bars. Pull pin out and flipper off, 4-5 screws out of the side plate and remove, then set screw underneath that holds the block solid to your bars is the piece that slides out (towards steering column)

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013
It slides apart to split off the bars. Pull pin out and flipper off, 4-5 screws out of the side plate and remove, then set screw underneath that holds the block solid to your bars is the piece that slides out (towards steering column)
Thanks. Took me a minute to figure it out.
Little bit of a bear cat getting that hood assembly back together.
About how much free play is there supposed to be in the finger throttle? I feel like mine has a little bit excess.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Your free play will be determined by how much cable tension is required to reach full throttle with the lever just barely touching the bars. No easy way to set that up independent of free play at idle.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I've seen a lot of people seem to like these. Has anyone heard of someone not liking them and going back to the standard thumb throttle?

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I like them a lot but there are plenty of people that don’t and some people do take them off and go back to thumb throttles.
They feel so natural to me I wonder why snowmobiles don’t come with them instead of thumb throttles.

Premium Features