• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

21' 850 khaos 155 review

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Well after a 3 day trip a month ago in on snow in the snowies...

21 khaos 850. 155 with 2.75 and qd2... trs clutching. Slp can and head...
put 140 miles on it, was difference between my 18 slp stage 3 800...

Today was day 2 in Tog.
Snow is deep. Places with no bottom.
It flat out runs.
Wish I had some 70g weights to throw in it, times it wants to hit that 8450....

Sled flat out runs. Keep the track Tight... did have some of the ratcheting... when your in that oh sh*t moment and full pin.. ratcheting and stuck...

Stock khaos 165 in group... sled pulls 8100 and not as snappy. Could be clutching could be the little extra with the head or both..

But Tony's clutching, lighter spring and still wanting to over pull at times with his 68s...

Might have to look into new drivers, but is my only complaint so far. Hopefully some sun next 2 days and get to see what it will do.

H
Feb 7, 2018
I love mine too... until it's deep, steep, and I want to climb straight on lines with barely any plan B, without any BS. Maybe mine would benefit from clutch and head, but at those times it makes me miss my Summit 850 165. Going 165 Khaos in '22, and according to you, it needs at least a clutch! Been wondering it it is worth it. Definitely doesn't have the response and low end of my 10k' weighted up clutch Rotax 850.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I like TRS and his clutching seemed to improve, but when I bought a second sled I kept stock. Both sleds identical except clutching, pulling a 60 second hill in 2' fresh the stock one (with proper weights) and TRS clutched one were exactly equal. Both run similar rpm (8200-8250) and weight.

Premium Features