• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Timbersled

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
I don’t even see any speculation here??

Skinny rail?
Less weight?
New track design?

Moved forward?
2023...... Those would be great. Always wonder what a 3" 120 version would be like? The RIOT3 129 is a good kit! We have a ARO 120, RIOT Velocity 120, YETI SS129 and a 22 YETI 129. One of my daughters has been riding the RIOT3, she does not want to go back to the ARO120! She is 5'3" and this would be her number one pick. We did profile the track per the Timbersled cut lines molded in the outer paddles. Still hoping for some new options for 2023!!!

IMG_1638.jpg RIOT3.jpg

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
We are pretty stoked with ours as well. Massive upgrade from my Riot 120. Curious to see what Polaris will do next. Im just hoping for a fit kit for my 80 hp at elevation, tons of torque, no shifting, silent stark varg. Bummer it won’t be here until April 23!

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
Built a Riot S 120 for my daughter this year, and I've been riding it way more than my ARO 3. It is such a fun and playful kit and in the crap snow we've had this year, it's been going everywhere the ARO3's have been going with no issues...in fact its way more fun in the trees than the ARO.. I'm hoping for a 120" RIOT 3" S model. If they come out with that, I'll have a very nice ARO 3 with custom EXIT shocks for sale!!!

E
Dec 19, 2007
The "moved forward" is puzzling to me. How could that happen without putting the driver under the frame? I sure hope they don't do that!
They can't really move any farther forward with a stock bike frame. most bikes have a shock linkage welded to the frame that would need to be hacked off at a minimum. Only way to move forward is to ditch the conversion kit idea and do purpose built one piece frames.

E
Dec 19, 2007
It would be nice if they could figure out a front end that wasn't dangerous on an icy trail.
They already do. It's called the back country ski. Timbersled discontinued it in 2017 but can still be purchased direct from Simmons. Most current gen bikers have never tried one. It's still my favorite ski for all conditions except super fluff.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
Looks like for 2023 Timbersled is keeping the 120 riot/ 137 aro the same. Probably until they sell what the have in stock.

ARO3 will have belt drive, narrow rails, and a single A arm.
Riot 3 will have the belt drive and I'm guessing narrow rails too?

Looking at the ARO 3, I think lack of a rear arm should make it much more playfull. Plus it lost 12 lbs.
The narrow rails should help with lug/window tearing.

All in all looks like they made some well thought out changes that the riders want!

Ambassadors chime in with more news/updates that aren't in the promo video!!!!

Premium Features