• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 skidoo

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
I'm wondering since doo and poo have totally sucked ass on deliveries this year ( yes I'm still freaking waiting on my turbo ?) if they're going to have the balls to release a gen five. Or will they just turn up the boost and add bng and put turbos on the sp. and call it good. Then the big news out of nowhere they release a 600 turbo. Now that would be interesting. Granted you might have to wait 320 days to get it. Rant over I guess I'll go ride my non turbo damnit ?

B
Nov 10, 2010
I'm wondering since doo and poo have totally sucked ass on deliveries this year ( yes I'm still freaking waiting on my turbo ?) if they're going to have the balls to release a gen five. Or will they just turn up the boost and add bng and put turbos on the sp. and call it good. Then the big news out of nowhere they release a 600 turbo. Now that would be interesting. Granted you might have to wait 320 days to get it. Rant over I guess I'll go ride my non turbo damnit ?

You are not alone! I’m also waiting. I’ve heard “you’re 2 weeks from ship date” since mid October. I’ve honestly called every 3 weeks and it’s the exact same message. Dealer told me right before new year that 100% confident Jan 14 it would ship. Now they are saying it’s after feb 1 ship date. I understand that all brands have supply chain problems but communication in these times is key. Skidoo communication is non existent.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
You are not alone! I’m also waiting. I’ve heard “you’re 2 weeks from ship date” since mid October. I’ve honestly called every 3 weeks and it’s the exact same message. Dealer told me right before new year that 100% confident Jan 14 it would ship. Now they are saying it’s after feb 1 ship date. I understand that all brands have supply chain problems but communication in these times is key. Skidoo communication is non existent.
That's EXACTLY what poo and doo are failing profusely on its b.s.. I look on FB and somebody posted a pic of a full semi load of doos and two links and it said heading west on 90 I was so excited until I finished reading it. Said going across Vantage bridge then I was p.o. cause it was passed my exit so maybe it's headed your way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. At least I didn't sell my 18.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
All's it would take is for everyone to say screw the manufacturers for a year and not snowcheck or buy a new sled. Then let the manufactures sit on their stuff and deal with that. I remember when I first paid $10,000 for a new sled and I thought that was ridiculous. My father said son, you will see a day when they cost $20k, and he was right. We are not far from even the non turbo stuff costing $20k for the best of the best from each manufacturer. And we keep buying them ( I say "we" because Im included) I bitch and moan every other year I write the check, but I keep on doing it.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
All's it would take is for everyone to say screw the manufacturers for a year and not snowcheck or buy a new sled. Then let the manufactures sit on their stuff and deal with that. I remember when I first paid $10,000 for a new sled and I thought that was ridiculous. My father said son, you will see a day when they cost $20k, and he was right. We are not far from even the non turbo stuff costing $20k for the best of the best from each manufacturer. And we keep buying them ( I say "we" because Im included) I bitch and moan every other year I write the check, but I keep on doing it.
I'm not complaining about paying for it but some communication wouldn't be hard. I'd back out of it and check a 23 gen five BUT it probably isn't going to get any better anytime soon. If there is a be gen five on Feb 14 it'll piss me off even more. Nothing like getting your 22 a week or two before the 23 comes out.

S
Ski doo won't put the turbo on an sp or edge, they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand for a showroom model turbo.

C
Mar 15, 2018
Some thoughts from the peanut galley on the communication and the waits for delivery. Full disclosure, I received MY '22 summit on Dec1st but do my best to consider before writing tis "Would my opinion/thoughts be the same if I was still wilting?" and I believe the answer is "yes". On the delay in delivery - IF the manufacturers HAD all the parts they would deliver ASAP. They are NOT holding back parts/deliveries just to piss off their customers. I believe that they are doing everything they can to get this things to the customers ASAP. They can NOT ship what they don't have. On the communication - First off, I called ONCE about my sled in October. The dealer discussed with me the supply issues and that they (and the manufacturer) were doing all they could to get the machines out ASAP. I never called again as I did not see the point and did not want to put added pressure on my dealer about something he has ZERO control over. As far as getting delivery date estimates that keep getting kicked down the road, While it is POSSIBLE that some dealers may be feeding a yarn just to get people off their back (which would be STUPID because in the long run would just make things worse), Consider this. The manufacturer gets word from the chip supplier that they will get "X" number of chips by "Y" date, the manufacturer, that is undoubtedly being inundated with dealer calls as to where their machines are, forwards that info to the dealers, the dealer then forwards that to their customers...then the chips fail to show up. The guy at the bottom of the ladder, the customer blames the dealer of lying, the dealer blames the manufacturer of lying and the manufacturer blames the chip manufacturer of lying when in fact, the lack of chips could be that the chip manufacturer had to shut down for a week due to COVID or one of their raw material suppliers may not have supplied due to something out of THEIR control or what ever. Point is, I believe that EVERYONE in the supply chain is doing their best to supply and NONE of them are pleased to be unable to supply in a timely manner. Being frustrated I get, being pissed at anyone in the supply chain is unfair IMO. I know what it is like to be blamed for something that was completely out of my control and being chewed out by a customer when, in fact, I had been working as hard as I can and literally laying awake at night worrying about not being able to supply. I have lived it and I feel for the dealers and everyone else in the supply chain that are doing their best and are being slammed and accused of things that they are not in control of and, in fact, they are doing everything in their power to rectify. I can guarantee that many, and I would suggest MOST dealers are literally losing sleep over their inability to deliver on time. The stress must be immense.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Some thoughts from the peanut galley on the communication and the waits for delivery. Full disclosure, I received MY '22 summit on Dec1st but do my best to consider before writing tis "Would my opinion/thoughts be the same if I was still wilting?" and I believe the answer is "yes". On the delay in delivery - IF the manufacturers HAD all the parts they would deliver ASAP. They are NOT holding back parts/deliveries just to piss off their customers. I believe that they are doing everything they can to get this things to the customers ASAP. They can NOT ship what they don't have. On the communication - First off, I called ONCE about my sled in October. The dealer discussed with me the supply issues and that they (and the manufacturer) were doing all they could to get the machines out ASAP. I never called again as I did not see the point and did not want to put added pressure on my dealer about something he has ZERO control over. As far as getting delivery date estimates that keep getting kicked down the road, While it is POSSIBLE that some dealers may be feeding a yarn just to get people off their back (which would be STUPID because in the long run would just make things worse), Consider this. The manufacturer gets word from the chip supplier that they will get "X" number of chips by "Y" date, the manufacturer, that is undoubtedly being inundated with dealer calls as to where their machines are, forwards that info to the dealers, the dealer then forwards that to their customers...then the chips fail to show up. The guy at the bottom of the ladder, the customer blames the dealer of lying, the dealer blames the manufacturer of lying and the manufacturer blames the chip manufacturer of lying when in fact, the lack of chips could be that the chip manufacturer had to shut down for a week due to COVID or one of their raw material suppliers may not have supplied due to something out of THEIR control or what ever. Point is, I believe that EVERYONE in the supply chain is doing their best to supply and NONE of them are pleased to be unable to supply in a timely manner. Being frustrated I get, being pissed at anyone in the supply chain is unfair IMO. I know what it is like to be blamed for something that was completely out of my control and being chewed out by a customer when, in fact, I had been working as hard as I can and literally laying awake at night worrying about not being able to supply. I have lived it and I feel for the dealers and everyone else in the supply chain that are doing their best and are being slammed and accused of things that they are not in control of and, in fact, they are doing everything in their power to rectify. I can guarantee that many, and I would suggest MOST dealers are literally losing sleep over their inability to deliver on time. The stress must be immense.
I get all of that and I'm not hounding my dealer at all cause I get it . That being said if they told me waiting on chips gauge's ect that's all I want but this kicking the can down the road and absolutely no communication as to where in the process my sled is at is complete b.s.. Example was told shipping Jan. 10th and guess what it still says 10th the tenth of what Feb March April idk but I bet your azz they doo. At this point I'm sure I'm one of the last to be delivered to so how freaking hard would it be for updates? That would go a long way get it together doo or I'll go buy a Yamaha ha ha ha um no I won't.

S
Mar 18, 2018
As the saying goes “communication makes the world go round” however in todays world you can’t communicate what you don’t know- I can appreciate frustration on all accounts for late Sled deliveries, somehow I believe even if communication was improved it wouldn’t help with the frustration- hoping sleds get delivered soon!

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
I'm not complaining about paying for it but some communication wouldn't be hard. I'd back out of it and check a 23 gen five BUT it probably isn't going to get any better anytime soon. If there is a be gen five on Feb 14 it'll piss me off even more. Nothing like getting your 22 a week or two before the 23 comes out.
This happened to me in 2020...........spring checked and halfway through the season...........HEY LOOK A FACTORY TURBO!!! Man I felt like a heal missing the boat on that...........almost pulled the trigger on turbo last spring for this year..........glad I didn't. Looking to order one for next year but if a Gen 5?? Well who knows..........I am not always too keen to buy first year but also love new stuff. Hang in there I know this season for new sleds has been frustrating for a lot of buyers!!

Dave

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
This happened to me in 2020...........spring checked and halfway through the season...........HEY LOOK A FACTORY TURBO!!! Man I felt like a heal missing the boat on that...........almost pulled the trigger on turbo last spring for this year..........glad I didn't. Looking to order one for next year but if a Gen 5?? Well who knows..........I am not always too keen to buy first year but also love new stuff. Hang in there I know this season for new sleds has been frustrating for a lot of buyers!!

Dave
Well as you know it's not the best right now in central 509 so whatever. However if I don't have it by the time the next system rolls through I just might get my money back and buy when things get better.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
The manufactures needed to pick winners and losers Jan 1 IMO and get over it if your willing to wait so be it if not find a sled or keep old one and just accept this ****ty outcome. Not keep kicking the can down the road season is half over now anyway.

C
Feb 23, 2020
So.... how about those 2023s?! We're weeks away from the reveal....

Yes! I am spring checking a Doo while I wait for the Poo I checked in early 2021. I’ll be riding the Poo when it finally arrives (this summer?) for the 2022-23 season and ordering Doo now gives time for it to arrive for 2023-2024 season. Gotta plan ahead guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

B
Nov 26, 2007
As ridiculous as that is, I am likely snow checking a year early. I do not snow check to frequent and was going to snow check in spring of 2023. With the unknown of deliveries I likely am going to snow check spring of 2022 and this way I can be content that I receive it earlier than I was planning albeit a model year sooner than planned too.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If you can get that done lets also quit paying our taxes until they straighten out

Premium Features