• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Lynx Shredder

P
Dec 15, 2018
I guess it's just misleading if you thought it was a "new" model. Ya know so is the shredder just a summit? Iam not a skidoo guy so only know a bit.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Not talking about an sp. Talking about new chassis and a 600. I wouldn’t buy a 23 sled in a 22 chassis when they have a new chassis but thats me. People have to decide the value themselves

P
Dec 15, 2018
I guess for me (53 and new to snowmobiling) I'd like a "entry level " mountain platform sled. I don't care who makes it I just want it to work. I won't know what iam missing as far as qs3's and iceage and yada yada cause all I do is get stuck all day anyway lol. So 2022 sp w a 600 was 13k and a little bit new with warranty. That's good cause I'll need two probably (now I have another rider to go with me to ski and it's fun) so when I do a xpert build with all the stuff I want it 18k something. That's just to much for a guy like me. Used markets better but it's used. So all iam saying is that would be nice. I will also say that when your me they are frickn heavy and a nice light 600 155x2.6 would give me a extra hour or two of riding cause iam so tuckered out trying to roll these behemoths lol. So what's a shredder 600 cost? Cause the 850 is expensive!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
600s aren't really any lighter. Just less power and less forgiving. Throttle is your friend. You will get out of more trouble than you will get in. You want to have room to grow

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
If you want a 600, get the Polaris Matryx 650. My buddy says its fantastic.

I personally feel like a 600 is a waste of time. Minimal cost savings for 40 less horsepower and the same weight. Just get an 800-850 and be done with it. You don't have to hold it wide open if you don't need the power. 600s are fine at low elevation on trails, but its just not enough power for deep snow mountain riding.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If you want a 600, get the Polaris Matryx 650. My buddy says its fantastic.

I personally feel like a 600 is a waste of time. Minimal cost savings for 40 less horsepower and the same weight. Just get an 800-850 and be done with it. You don't have to hold it wide open if you don't need the power. 600s are fine at low elevation on trails, but its just not enough power for deep snow mountain riding.
I wish i would have got my daughter one of those instead of a venom

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
If you go used you'll pay almost as much as a new sled, might as well plop the cash down now and get what you want. I'd call your local dealer and talk to them about getting a couple of new sleds, personally I never had any issues with the 600 when I was learning to ride, rode one for 4-5 years before I bought an 800 then my 850 last season. Your weight with gear on will play a part in what engine and suspension you want on your new ride. Lynx Shredder 600R is $16,549 as it sits.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Hmmm...I thought I read a 600 summit sp was under 500lbs? Problem I have isn't needing the power when I need it it's having the power when I don't need it by accident!!! Bwahaha. I've already done a super man and I've ghost riden too and that's kinda bad lol! Other thing is- damn internet is full of experts and no one will agree which one is best! I feel like I'll be buying a slim chance not a for sure thing! All my dealers could careless I want a semi reliable sled for a reasonable price!!! Ok fuc$ it iam gonna go rent one of each and see if I can just "tell" and by the time I know (next week) they'll all be spoken for and sold out for 2023 lol!!!!

P
Dec 15, 2018
And....last year a new (some undelivered) sp 600 was 13600 so 16590 for the same thing is a nut punch in a way? So should I buy a turbo and have a hot rod shop just tune it down then someday I'll have it? That's crazy right lol!

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
H
Feb 7, 2018
Just put a deposit on a '23 Shredder RE Turbo 3900. Hopefully picking it up in 1-2 weeks. Been 2.2 seasons since I defected from BRP to Polaris Axys, Matryx and am super excited to be on this Lynx. Have a 23 Matryx Boost snowcheck ordered and am probably going to forfeit it.

Can anyone verify whether Gen5:
Aftermarket exhaust will fit Radien2 chassis Lynx?
Lower A arms " ^ ?
Clutch components?
I don't think the rails are compatible but would be cool if they were.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I bet clutching, arms and exhaust are the same. Obviously the rails would be different. My re eas supposed to be end of November or beginning of December and then heard it was going to be January 31st. My dealer heard that most of the lynx made it to Canada before fiasco, or whatever is holding them up in Finland. Hope it's true. The only thing I'm not excited about is it is supposedly 35 pounds heavier than the equivalent freeride. I was also going to play with s 34 inch front end but heard it will hit the reservoirs.

R
Jan 9, 2011
I bet clutching, arms and exhaust are the same. Obviously the rails would be different. My re eas supposed to be end of November or beginning of December and then heard it was going to be January 31st. My dealer heard that most of the lynx made it to Canada before fiasco, or whatever is holding them up in Finland. Hope it's true. The only thing I'm not excited about is it is supposedly 35 pounds heavier than the equivalent freeride. I was also going to play with s 34 inch front end but heard it will hit the reservoirs.
I was picking up a G5 154R today in Pemberton and our dealer told us that first Shredder DS's will leave Quebec next week heading west. Containers are starting to show up. The wait might be over soon.

Premium Features