• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 cat reveal!!

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Good stuff coming in the next 4 months. I know people that know people that rob people. LOL. The reveal sucked, but it wasn't a full reveal. Bookmark this. In 3-4 years, Cat will own the market.
You wouldn't happen to know what it weighs, do you? Or maybe how exactly this platform will be revolutionary? Looks great but I need more details now haha

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I wonder if they can't make the 800 pass the sound emissions test with the narrow panels
Doubt it. The 600 Ctec is a super loud motor.

Everyone always said two stroke turbos would never pass sound tests… doesnt seem to be an issue.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
They might not say it, but there is a good chance it's supply issues/concerns. The auto industry is still taking two steps backwards for every step forward. Sounds like Doo is having issues sourcing components for their shot system. It seems like every manufacture of every type of vehicle, including recreational, is still having supply issues.

I'm certain shoving the current CTec II 800 motor in this chassis won't work. Especially if they are redesigning every part and looking for areas to cut weight and strength, shoving the current 800 might defeat the ultimate goal. The next 4-5 months are going to be fun and brutal at the same time. But hey, everyone is talking about it so something is working. ;)

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Supple chain issues will definitely affect it. Skidoo just released another sled update this morning telling people not to expect snow checks until January and sleds to come with different parts than what you ordered

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Here’s how I look at the weight loss after looking over the sled, but not being able to open the side panels.
Rear and front suspension the same as alpha, except spindles, maybe -1 lb.
Single ply Tunnel with integrated drop brackets and composit boards -8lbs
Tank and seat -4lbs
Belt drive -7lbs
New plastics/hood -6lbs.

That’s 25lbs off the current sled with guessing what’s been done and not knowing the details and under hood info. Last time I weighed a 154 alpha “wet” it was about 540lbs and a 155 800 axys about 515 “wet”.
I know speculation, but I bet I’m very close at a 25lb weight loss on the catalyst chassis

G
Nov 24, 2008
SK, Canada
not sure if this is a legit post or if someone was having fun with photoshop, but looks like 505 wet weight is the goal (see pic), not sure if thats for the ZR RXC shown or M or what.

On a random side note, I find it somewhat laughable that when the G5 was revealed, there was about 20 IMPORTANT threads and a whole new section created the minute it was released. There's absolutely nothing about the Catalyst on the Snowest home page, Whats New, etc lol

7F11F550-2768-4AD3-9BBC-D57F210095B8.png

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
not sure if this is a legit post or if someone was having fun with photoshop, but looks like 505 wet weight is the goal (see pic), not sure if thats for the ZR RXC shown or M or what.

On a random side note, I find it somewhat laughable that when the G5 was revealed, there was about 20 IMPORTANT threads and a whole new section created the minute it was released. There's absolutely nothing about the Catalyst on the Snowest home page, Whats New, etc lol
I know Doo sends Christopher a ton of content to post in the forum. Guessing Cat did not do that.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta

well the person who runs the forums is a die hard doo guy...lol

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Very interesting 7 highlight read. If cat drops in a new 900-940cc power plant making more power then Polaris’s 9R and going to be the lightest platform yet. Even if it’s the same as a matryx or 5-10lbs less cat won’t be able to build enough of them for the demand. The only thing hurting cat is only having a 600 for 2024 snowcheck. Polaris and doo don’t sleep so who knows what they will have in 2 more seasons when it sounds like cat will have a bigger power plant available.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I like the "reduction in number of parts" thinking. That's a concept that helped make the Firecats in 2003 and M-series in 2005 the lightest platforms by a mile in their day. Guessing the composite running boards will be a similar material to the carbon reinforced TCL plates on the latest Ascender sleds. Might be more of that material under the hood replacing some aluminum. Supposedly this is the chassis that the Alpha skid was designed to mate up to, but got shoe horned into the Ascender in 2019 because, well, they had to do something!

For a chassis that was supposed to be ready to go last year and held back due to supply, I'm really surprised the 600 is the flagship. It's been stated many times that the current Cat 800 engine is relatively heavy compared to competing 800s (not sure about 850s). Granted you can put boost to them and run 200-225 hp without durability issues. If they really want to have the lightest 850-900 class sled then they need to get the engine weight down along with the improvements to the chassis. Would be cool if Cat found some efficiencies with a smaller displacement powerplant mated to boost... I would think a 600 with forced induction would be capable of the 155 hp at elevation that Ski-Doo puts out. Probably not going to have the bottom end though.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
David McClures walk around shows some nice features. The gauge is new but looks like a large nicely protected area for a big touch screen gauge to go. Also looks like the storage infront of the steering post is quite large with a power outlet.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Supple chain issues will definitely affect it. Skidoo just released another sled update this morning telling people not to expect snow checks until January and sleds to come with different parts than what you ordered

Actually, Doo said some sleds slated for Nov/Dec will be pushed to January, not all snow checks.

Many Doo dealers and Poo dealers have already got and continue to get 2023 sleds. I have two buddies who have theirs already.

I've seen 2023 Cats delivered already too.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Here’s how I look at the weight loss after looking over the sled, but not being able to open the side panels.
Rear and front suspension the same as alpha, except spindles, maybe -1 lb.
Single ply Tunnel with integrated drop brackets and composit boards -8lbs
Tank and seat -4lbs
Belt drive -7lbs
New plastics/hood -6lbs.

That’s 25lbs off the current sled with guessing what’s been done and not knowing the details and under hood info. Last time I weighed a 154 alpha “wet” it was about 540lbs and a 155 800 axys about 515 “wet”.
I know speculation, but I bet I’m very close at a 25lb weight loss on the catalyst chassis

2021 cat lists there 154 alpha at 455 dry. So if you drop 25lbs it will be 430 which is right about where poo and doo are now.

The 16 axys 800 was 408 dry. But you got to remember the poo 800 (which all you guys hate on) is at least 10# lighter than any other 800+ motor. Also the axys holds 1 gal more fuel then the alpha.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007

Thats more cats fault. What do you expect snowest to release? cat is giving hardly any details and no under hood pics. and wont even say what engine is coming down the line in a year or 2. Doo G5 release was filled with details /pics/illustrations and even had a long vid online in great detail.

What is cats weight/gear ratio/fuel tank capacity etc.. Its a picture of a sled with no details, heck not even a picture of it on snow.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Thats more cats fault. What do you expect snowest to release? cat is giving hardly any details and no under hood pics. and wont even say what engine is coming down the line in a year or 2. Doo G5 release was filled with details /pics/illustrations and even had a long vid online in great detail.

What is cats weight/gear ratio/fuel tank capacity etc.. Its a picture of a sled with no details, heck not even a picture of it on snow.

Legit post.

Cat needs to provide the details for Snowest to release. The dribble of information they are promising is their fault, not Snowest's.

H
Aug 5, 2020
North Dakota
From the AC website ask an engineer section "The running boards are lighter, stronger, and easy to swap out." Why would you need easy to swap out if they are strong enough?? Just thought that was a weird quote for them to put on their website.
It looks like the runningboards have an aluminum frame and plastic pieces between the running board frame and Tunnel. Maybe the individual pieces will be replaceable without having to replace an entire running board.

Premium Features