• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Tunnel and Coolers

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Just noticed a significant difference in the Maytrx Pro vs Matryx Boost Slash engine coolers on the demos.

The Pro standard tunnel heat exchanger is much longer extending to the rear running board bolt. The Pro also includes the bulkhead HX at the front of track.

94f011c7dff2ef0e0fde5af4d52d48e3.jpg

20826cd8cb4f885ff69678b198b83adb.jpg

On Boost Slash the tunnel HX is much shorter ending at the seat..

a7667128d04b81eadbd97842ea56c018.jpg

99c0dd11425a65a4cb8418a30d8aff6b.jpg

I wonder if final size is still TBD..?

I was not able to get a pic to verify if Slash models also include the bulkhead HX.. But the standard length Pro does for sure.

The pro demo has much more cooling capacity on board for low snow conditions.

Last edited:

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
The new design looks very good in my opinion. It will be great once Polaris is able to fully optimize the heat exchanger size after a few seasons. One thing they should do before the 2022 releasse is add a thermal break between the tunnel and heat exchanger. The thermal break should minimize heat conduction between the heat exchanger and the tunnel. Keep the heat exchanger hot and the tunnel as cold as possible! This could be done easily by simply adding a thin rubber mat between the the HX and the tunnel. A thin sheet of plastic tolerant of high temp would work as well. The aluminun tunnel will conduct heat very well without isolation between the two components. This conduction will continue the icing problems associated with the heat. Fix this up before the sleds ship and its going to work very very well.

If you throw a dry set of cold blue jeans into a dry pile of cold snow..
The jeans will never get wet and freeze.
Heat is the big problem for snow, so locate and isolate it wisely.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The Slash is supposed to have a bulkhead cooler and a tunnel cooler like the RMK. The only difference according to Poo is the the tunnel cooler is shorter on the Slash.
RMK also has a real snow flap. Slash does not.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
The Slash is supposed to have a bulkhead cooler and a tunnel cooler like the RMK. The only difference according to Poo is the the tunnel cooler is shorter on the Slash.
RMK also has a real snow flap. Slash does not.

shorter slash heat exchanger confirmed in pics above.

If anyone has a pic of slash bulkhead HX please post

Last edited:

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
This is why I ordered a 155" Pro with the intention of turning it into a 165" Slash.

Interesting thought..

The cooling capacity on Pro standard tunnel will be larger no question. Slash tunnel heat exchanger is about a foot shorter!

Pro is the replacement for SKS after looking at this more closely.

Last edited:

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
All the coolers are going to conduct heat to the outer tunnel and running boards. The 155 slash with a longer track/rails will not make a difference on this. And the 146 cooler is not going to help either as it’s longer than the 155.

I rode a 155 and 165 slash. Both get the same amount of ice on your inner legs and build up on boards. It’s no better than the current axys. The only difference with ice buildup is the front evacuation is improved on the matryx.

The idea of a thermal break is awesome! It seams very reasonable on this configuration.

Premium Features