• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Summit X vs Expert - who knows the real differences? also what's going on with suspension?

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
If you buy a 165 Turbo and make a few adjustments to the rear skid ,you won’t go back to the n/a on the hill,if you don’t climb with it much don’t buy a turbo

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If you buy a 165 Turbo and make a few adjustments to the rear skid ,you won’t go back to the n/a on the hill,if you don’t climb with it much don’t buy a turbo
I would respectfully disagree with that.
The Turbo is just plain FUN to ride.
Flats, Hills, Mountains.
There wasn't anyplace I was riding the turbo this year that it didn't make MORE FUN...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Yes but if your in steep and deep, more skid is a must, now for that average terrain your correct.. all what you want out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta

Ahh no. Thats a incorrect statement, the turbo is a excellent all around sled.

Learning to tune the rear suspension is a must, stiffening the rear shock so it wont collapse as easy, will help keep the skis down. Unfortunately this cannot be done on the x package sleds.

I
Jul 5, 2001
Ahh no. Thats a incorrect statement, the turbo is a excellent all around sled.

Learning to tune the rear suspension is a must, stiffening the rear shock so it wont collapse as easy, will help keep the skis down. Unfortunately this cannot be done on the x package sleds.
Tim at Enzo will fix the wheelie issue on the X package, night and day difference with his valving.... Mine is stage 3 and clutched and is a blast to ride on the steep and deep !!

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Tim at Enzo will fix the wheelie issue on the X package, night and day difference with his valving.... Mine is stage 3 and clutched and is a blast to ride on the steep and deep !!

I have enzo shocks, Tim is a wizard at setting up the suspension!

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
My response if you don’t hill climb don’t buy a turbo ,was a response to someone who didn’t know if they wanted to spend the extra money on a Turbo as I recall,Turbo fun all day long,you won’t go back to the n/a for sure

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Clutching also helps the sled to be more predictable and controllable. (Good clutching). The Enzo treatment was good and cheaper than a whole other set of shocks.
Took up one more hole on the limiter.
I also thought I’d miss the clickers on my raptors but I was wrong, simply removing the stab link made night and day difference along with -10 clicks off max on the rear shock and a light setting on the front rear skid shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I
Jul 5, 2001
For my rider weight he sent me the 1.44 rear springs, 175lb front shock spring and revalved both the rear skid shocks.... I run the floats up front...

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
For my rider weight he sent me the 1.44 rear springs, 175lb front shock spring and revalved both the rear skid shocks.... I run the floats up front...
And what's your weight ?

I run the 1.5 90 degres spring versus the stock 1,27 80 degres. So more spring rate, less preload.

Premium Features