• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important 2022 Ski-Doo PHOTOS and SPECS

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
@christopher does this mean there will be a new Lynx sub-forum on here or does it count as a Gen 4 Ski Doo?

Dang
Really good point
Ya, I will need to create one for the Lynx I suppose...

I wonder though.
How much of the lynx is interchangeable with the Gen4???

Is it really substantively different on bolt on components???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
is anyone else getting a lynx? my kid has wanted one for a couple years now and i am pretty sure we will order him one

M
Aug 3, 2012
I would love to here more about the Lynx. Do they have a more narrow panel and boards? How much heavier are they?

Yes they are more narrow. I remember the number 4cm for some reason. But can't remember if it is in total or for each side.

They are a little bit heavier. But biggest difference i think is the skid that makes it a little more demanding then the Summit.

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
I had every intention of snowchecking a turbo freeride, until I saw the colors. Really Skidoo? The baby crap green they came out with a few years ago was the worst, but this is a close second. I don't think that I can bring myself to drop 19 grand on something that ugly.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I had every intention of snowchecking a turbo freeride, until I saw the colors. Really Skidoo? The baby crap green they came out with a few years ago was the worst, but this is a close second. I don't think that I can bring myself to drop 19 grand on something that ugly.
What did you expect LOL, the freeride has been bizarre/horrible colors since inception.

I will say the on the snow pics of it look MUCH better than the studio ones.

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
It's unbelievable, Skidoo finally builds the machine I've been asking for, for 20 years & then they desecrate it with this terrible color scheme. They should at least have an option for black.

C
Feb 27, 2018
I thought the same when I first saw it but it’s growing on me. It’s definitely different that’s for sure, but the freeride is suppose to be.... I think it’ll look good on the snow. I also think the tan would look good with a different color.... maybe the manta green? Purple?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
It'd be hard to cover up that butt-ugly orange, or I would.
If its that big of a deal save yourself $1200 and buy an X. Put that $1200 towards shocks and rail braces.

If you REALLY want the Freeride quit acting like a chick, and ride the thing, the butt-ugly orange isn't gonna change the amount of fun you have on it.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
just pulled the trigger on a 165 turbo freeride and was looking at the stats in post 71. it shows the 154 turbo at 17 lbs heavier than the 165 turbo. anyone know why the significant weight difference?

Premium Features