• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important 2022 Ski-Doo PHOTOS and SPECS

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
They ship full of fluids now? For what it’s worth even the oil and coolant wouldn’t add up to more than 15 pounds, and I sure hope a 165 doesn’t weigh 485 dry.

My guess is that it’s a rough estimate for shipping purposes only.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
2022 boondocker DS 4100
Weight!! Shipping weight is stated as 225KG on new vehicle Reg from BRP
Cant find this info ANYWHERE!!!
You are right. BRP is hiding this well. If you are buying this sled you are not buying it for light weight or you would be looking elsewhere. It is made for rough, tough riding and needs to be strong. I expect someone will be getting one on a scale soon. I hope it still comes in less weight than the Cat.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You are right. BRP is hiding this well. If you are buying this sled you are not buying it for light weight or you would be looking elsewhere. It is made for rough, tough riding and needs to be strong. I expect someone will be getting one on a scale soon. I hope it still comes in less weight than the Cat.
Bingo.
That sled is made for DITCH BANGING if there ever was one.
It should stand up to some real abuse over time.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
They ship full of fluids now? For what it’s worth even the oil and coolant wouldn’t add up to more than 15 pounds, and I sure hope a 165 doesn’t weigh 485 dry.

My guess is that it’s a rough estimate for shipping purposes only.
Every sled I have uncrated in the last several years, (not many but a few), has been filled to the top with both coolant and oil. This has been the case for both Doos and Lynx

What does a Summit 850 165" weigh in at ready to ride minus fuel?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Every motor is run in the sled after final assembly before crating. They need the oil and coolant adequately bled to do that. Only the fuel tank is empty/not used at startup.

Premium Features