• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 MATRYX RMK Fuel Filter Update S-22-01 and S-22-02

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Got the same email, but had the parts in April to fit it.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
If a sled came from the race shop and doesn't have any warranty will it qualify for a replacement?

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Guys struggle with poor running sleds and extreme stretches of downtime due to a simple fuel filter and now in June they are proud that they have a fix. Polaris your customer service SUCKS!!! AS A COMPANY YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. As usual the ingenuity of customers and the aftermarket they convinced you of the problem. End of rant.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Thanks for the heads up on that. That definately disappeared into the junk mail. Ill bring it down and get it swapped out. Dont wanna be the guy waiting for first snow for this to happen.

My sled didn;t have issues. But definitely don't want them to start next winter!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Guys struggle with poor running sleds and extreme stretches of downtime due to a simple fuel filter and now in June they are proud that they have a fix. Polaris your customer service SUCKS!!! AS A COMPANY YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. As usual the ingenuity of customers and the aftermarket they convinced you of the problem. End of rant.
Shame on you for running Polaris with not 2 sleds. Everyone knows they are junk but the best riding junk on the mountain. You got to have a back up. It's actually smart marketing. Makes a lot of guys buy 2 sleds to make sure one is always running. Everyone knows if you can only afford 1 sled you have to ride Ski Doo because they never break down. End of rant ?

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
So I called my local dealer after picking up my slightly used 2022 Khaos. It has 130 miles on it and the original owner had his dealer do the throttle cable recall. I called about the fuel filter recall. Long story short, he told me Polaris is being very defensive about the fuel filter recall and is being very controlling. He can't get my sled in till September to work on it and said he then has to ship the system off to Polaris for them to test it to see if it even needs replaced. Said it would take about 2-3 weeks and they may not even replace it if they find its not defective. They wont give him the fuel filter to replace! Anyone else run into this? I'm guessing for every new fuel filter they have to replace, it hurts them on getting a new sled off the production line?

I was reading other threads on here and am just going to order the replacement and do it myself I guess. I'll have more in fuel hauling my sled to the dealer than buying the filter (especially if they don't even replace it). Pretty disappointing

T
Oct 16, 2017
So I called my local dealer after picking up my slightly used 2022 Khaos. It has 130 miles on it and the original owner had his dealer do the throttle cable recall. I called about the fuel filter recall. Long story short, he told me Polaris is being very defensive about the fuel filter recall and is being very controlling. He can't get my sled in till September to work on it and said he then has to ship the system off to Polaris for them to test it to see if it even needs replaced. Said it would take about 2-3 weeks and they may not even replace it if they find its not defective. They wont give him the fuel filter to replace! Anyone else run into this? I'm guessing for every new fuel filter they have to replace, it hurts them on getting a new sled off the production line?

I was reading other threads on here and am just going to order the replacement and do it myself I guess. I'll have more in fuel hauling my sled to the dealer than buying the filter (especially if they don't even replace it). Pretty disappointing

Sounds like bullshit. They literally sent letters to everyone calling for the filter socks to be replaced.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Yah that seems like B.S. I received a letter as well just saying that there replacing it, cant see them testing each one.

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
Update. I am really frustrated (as many of us are) with Polaris and my dealer so I just didn’t it myself.

Here is a little feedback I had if any of you replace it yourself.

Tank removal is very easy.
-1 10mm bolt under the control panel
-2 10mm lock nuts at the back of the tank on the tunnel
-Disconnect the 2 fuel lines and fuel tank sensor.
-Remove plastic nut and pull fuel system out. Be careful with the fuel gauge float.
-Remove bottom of black box to access one of the filters. Be careful to not lose the red plugs in the black box
-Gently work the filters off and tightly squeeze the new ones on.

I used an oil filter wrench to remove the big plastic nut that holds the assembly in. When putting back on, just make sure to align the markings on the tank and assembly pump to seat the fuel system properly into the tank. Also make sure that cheap plastic nut threads on correctly. Mine didn’t seem to thread on easily. Wanted to cross thread.

The filters don’t look different to the eye. As you can see, the old filter that came out of the black box looked like it was already starting to cave.

I put fuel in it and started it up after.

93C65852-B3AA-411A-98A4-C6C8914F3447.jpeg 2E6FD7FC-B06D-4253-9BA0-F7B44F58119B.jpeg

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
No need to remove the tank.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
have had on apart several times ! did you replace the rear filter on the jet (venturi) pump? The filters in the replacement from Polaris are same size but are larger micron media. As damx said, there is no need to take the tank off, all in all this takes less than 20 min to do the filter change operation and machine is back to running condition if you do not have a damaged electric pump and time running on the snow next season will answer that issue/question!!
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features