• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 machines

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
So, snow checked a G5 and started to wonder if they will be delivered on time. No one will know until then but it got me to thinking, was the hold up on the SkiDoo's last year the gauge and ECM?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, snow checked a G5 and started to wonder if they will be delivered on time. No one will know until then but it got me to thinking, was the hold up on the SkiDoo's last year the gauge and ECM?
While I can't know any more than you.
I would be willing to bet BRP will move heaven and earth this next time around to AVOID THE DEBACLE that was 2021/22.

I think all of the companies put some real limitations on the total number of SnowChecks they were allocating.

now we wait.

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
While I can't know any more than you.
I would be willing to bet BRP will move heaven and earth this next time around to AVOID THE DEBACLE that was 2021/22.

I think all of the companies put some real limitations on the total number of SnowChecks they were allocating.

now we wait.

I totally agree with you. Hope all goes well…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Working with manufacturers, including a Tier 1 supplier to sled and automotive OEMs, the only prediction is more unpredictability right now. Anything coming out of ghina is a blindfolded dart toss. Scarce resources will go to the strongest customer relationships. Labor has become more stable and predictable. Materials and costs not so much. Watch how the three deliver ORVs in the next 90 days, that will be an indication of how well they got it managed.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Working with manufacturers, including a Tier 1 supplier to sled and automotive OEMs, the only prediction is more unpredictability right now. Anything coming out of China is a blindfolded dart toss. Scarce resources will go to the strongest customer relationships. Labor has become more stable and predictable. Materials and costs not so much. Watch how the three deliver ORVs in the next 90 days, that will be an indication of how well they got it managed.
TRUTH
China is still a mess, and as of today it looks like Bejing and its 25 million residents are about to go into FULL LOCKDOWN for the very first time.
DEglobilization is now the key phrase being used by American Manufacturers.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta

The two button gauge was dropped to keep delivery times on track. No one gets the two button gauge now.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
So you’re saying Doo is on track to deliver the 2025s on time then?

There were a lot of sleds that were delivered on time In 2022.

Ordering anything right now is a gamble on delivery.

With the price of gas and fuel right now, if any manufacturer in powersports screws up on delivering on time, I feel it will definitely hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Can't speak with authority on this.
BUT>
I suspect BRP and Polaris will move Heaven and Earth NOT to get beat up again next season.
The fact that Doo and Poo cut orders and made up for it with. big price increases, and limited certain options, indicates to me that someone in those companies took a hard look at their production capabilities and suppliers and made a realistic estimate of what they could deliver on time.

If Poo or Doo blow it again this year, then Cat will be ready to swoop in with promises of their new 2026 models.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
All manufacturers are lacking right now. Try getting a new diesel pickup within 6 mths, the GM HD went up 2g and lost features.

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
For Polaris they usually shut down their snowmobile line for the summer, this year I believe they kept one production line open and continue to build sleds nonstop. Hopefully everyone that spring ordered will get theirs on time.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
The fact that Doo and Poo cut orders and made up for it with. big price increases, and limited certain options, indicates to me that someone in those companies took a hard look at their production capabilities and suppliers and made a realistic estimate of what they could deliver on time.

If Poo or Doo blow it again this year, then Cat will be ready to swoop in with promises of their new 2026 models.
what's a typical price increase from year to year? i just compared my 2020 Freeride's price to what a similarly configured 2023 Freeride's price is and the increase over 3 years didn't seem out of the ordinary not to mention the large number of updates done to the new chassis.

Premium Features