• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 little Truckee Summit snow Report

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
We over 3 feet on the ground right now. it’s dumping out there right now. Guard dog out this morning. put the tracks on the truck. went to the snow cat. didn’t want to start. i’m hoping it’s just a starter relay. i’ll start all over again tomorrow. Then maybe I can get the sleds out. Bring it on we need it.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
mammothweather.com
12/13/2021
Todays guidance and the ensembles, continue the trend, that this stormy period for California is just beginning and that it is likely to continue beyond Christmas. The main point here is that the eastern pacific ridge “retrogrades” during week 2 ) next week and that pulls the long wave west for more storms with good moisture taps. Snow Megeddon is an eastern colloquial term that is being used for not one storm but the accumulation of many between today and years end. There is a particularly large one, that will possibly hit around Christmas, the timing will be better kn own by this weeks end, A lot will depend upon how strong the AR is. There seems to be several weak ARs in store for the high country through years end.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Hit LTS this morning at 8:30 AM. A balmy 3*. About 15 rigs already parked. It was full when we got back at 3:00 PM. Guys were parked across Hwy. 89 on the Cottonwood Rd. It's gonna be a logjam this weekend. Get there early. We rode the Independance Lake/Carpenter Ridge area. No problem with off-trail riding. Coverage was way better than we expected. Could pretty much go where you wanted. We had a few stucks along the way. Nothing serious. The snow should settle more before the next storms come in next week. One of our better first season rides. Pic is one of our favorite meadows -- Untouched. Ride safe folks.

IMG_1665.JPG

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Just got back home last night. It was raining but turned into wet snow at my house. We didn’t get much last night only about 6 inches of the wet stuff. It’s dumping it right now if this keeps up we’re gonna have a bunch.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Thanks for the update, Steve. Is the Bison cranked up and ready to roll? Looks like it's time. You guys have a great Xmas and New Years. See ya soon. Corona On!! ?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
how do you get to ebbits pass from east side ? I called around and they said 89 closed for winter said great unload on the89 hotels near 89 4 jct said dont know.

Last edited:

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Yeah Don the snow cat is running. Just about ready to go play with it again right now. We got another good foot last night. Were up to 2 1/2 feet and the last two days. Getting deep out here. Haven’t seen the groomer lately.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
how do you get to ebbits pass from east side ? I called around and they said 89 closed for winter said great unload on the89 hotels near 89 4 jct said dont know.
You come in from the Markleeville side. The issue is whether or not Cal-Trans closes the gate at the Monitor Pass junction(Hwy 89 & 4) or closes the gate at Wolf Creek(4-5 miles further up Hwy 4). If the gate is closed at Monitor and there is not enough snow coverage on the road, you're SOL. And the same thing can happen at Wolf Creek. Carbides and pavement ain't fun. As for places to stay, you could try Markleeville(1-2 places) or Minden/Gardnerville(much greater selection). Carson Valley Inn is good. About 30 miles to Markleeville(up 88 and hang a left on 89 at Woodfords).

2018 Axys Pro RMK 163

Last edited:

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Yeah Don the snow cat is running. Just about ready to go play with it again right now. We got another good foot last night. Were up to 2 1/2 feet and the last two days. Getting deep out here. Haven’t seen the groomer lately.
And the "big white" is waiting to come in. It's gonna be deep at Trackman's Rancho. ✌️

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
This has turned out to be quite the series of storms. We’ve got about a foot here in the Honey Lake Valley last night and today. I just read the Boreal Ski report and they say they’ve received 16.83 FEET in the past three days. Bring it on!

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
More snow last night. All I can say is it’s getting deep out here. Nobody’s been down the 07 Road up here by my house anyway. Now they say were breaking records for snowfall in December. This is a good oneC702DF51-CD4C-468E-A604-D2A34DFCABF3.jpeg

Premium Features