• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Khaos shocks too stiff ?

wally1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
Finally got a chance to ride my 2022 snowcheck Khaos 155 and I can't seem to get the suspension to track straight over crappy sections of trail on the way to riding areas. Went full soft on compression settings and it still wants to skip sideways in bumps . Rear also wants to kick up anytime hitting a bump. Sled basically feels as though the suspension is solid. Any suggestions ???

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
I too found my 155 Khaos way to harsh even with the springs dialled right down so I ordered springs from Tony at TRS and its a HUGE improvement. I went 140 # on front spring and 170 # on rear in the skid. I have stock ski shocks springs as soft as they go and the sled doesn't beat the S#!T out of me now on the trail.
Keep in mind I'm OLD and do NOT do big jumps like the young guys, so your results may vary..........

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Wally what’s your preload? Also are you sure you are full soft on both comp knobs no full hard? Just asking. I have a 9R and I am running 4 threads of preload on the ski shocks, 5-6 threads showing on the RTS and all the way out, no threads showing, on the FTS. Comp is 2from full soft on the ski shocks(I have the pro shocks so no low speed comp), 2 on the RTS and 1 on the FTS. I am 6’4”250 plus pack and tunnel bag so almost 300lbs of useless weight on top of the sled lol.

Feb 27, 2023
Maine
I am in the same boat with my khaos 146. I'm only probably 150# with gear and can barely move the suspension. I just got the 170# rear spring from TRS but have yet to install it. Was also hoping for some more transfer. Was kind of expecting a wheelie monster. I suppose the 2in track doesn't help me there. Kind of a flatlander so wheelies are half the fun. Will probably have my shocks valved a little softer over the summer as well.

wally1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
Thanks for the input guys. I should have given a little more info I guess. I'm probably about 235ish geared up and also run a tunnel bag. I'm old too, lol . No crazy jumping , just general boondocking type riding and trails to get out to the play areas. Checked to make sure and I do have the compression set at full soft. I set the rear track shock to what the owners manual said for my weight and left the front track shock and ski shocks at stock settings. I was also disappointed that the sled was not more playful, really doesn't feel much different than my 2022 pro 155 . That was why I traded for a Khaos so pretty let down so far. If I get a chance I will try softening up or changing the springs or maybe revalving the shocks . I was not planning to have to get the shocks redone as I thought they supposed to be some high quality pieces so maybe the spring adjustments / changes will help.

Premium Features