• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Expert 34 Inch Front End Thoughts

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
My G4 is so flickable i really dont see the need to go any narrower without some other changes, its so easy to roll its almost sloppy with the tmotion. Really hope doo goes to the lynx skid for '23 as i really dont want to change brands.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
On my Xm or any my sleds I measure center of spindle to center spindle. Being 36in on 14' Xm Summit X. I don't use the skidoo pacers I have 2 spacers like the Polaris has and I set the skis on my Xm and 04' Rev Summit center to spindle not offset in or out. Feels better to me.
Snowchecked a 2022' summit X and might do same but gonna ride it stock before I change any suspension wanna feels like baseline.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I agree, they steer weird with the offset spacers. Been centering mine for years with Poo spacers, thankfully they now come with two spacers per ski. But again, I am confused, why measure the spindle spacing instead of carbide? Carbide is center of ski. I guess if you are centered on the spindle, you are good, but a lot of guys will measure with offset skis and not get it.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I agree, they steer weird with the offset spacers. Been centering mine for years with Poo spacers, thankfully they now come with two spacers per ski. But again, I am confused, why measure the spindle spacing instead of carbide? Carbide is center of ski. I guess if you are centered on the spindle, you are good, but a lot of guys will measure with offset skis and not get it.
I agree, center ski to center skis is pivot, tipping point.
Width of ctc spindle can come into play but mostly a different like a couple inches per side not 34-36 which is only an in when on edge.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I build some 34" (spindle C to C) a-arms for my 15' cat back when it was new. It made that sled really fun and playful in technical riding. Was a huge difference going to 34" from the 38" Cat had on that model year. Its pretty tippy on the trails though, but I dont ride mountain sleds for trails. Think the 34" arms will be a good upgrade on my 20.5 turbo.

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
My G4 is so flickable i really dont see the need to go any narrower without some other changes, its so easy to roll its almost sloppy with the tmotion. Really hope doo goes to the lynx skid for '23 as i really dont want to change brands.
If you center the spacer on the 34" front end, it will be at 35" "effective" so really close to the 36" at the most narrow setting but at least with the benefits of being centered (less feedback + better ski rubber performance and durability)

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
model year after next it will one hybrid style ski , no more center to center measurements , just overall width . lol

Premium Features