• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 850 N/A 155 2.7 slash Pro vs Khaos experience and opinions

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
Leaning on going with a 155 pro slash 850 N/A but looking for opinions of others who may have gotten a chance to ride the new sleds or know someone who has.
The 2020 155 khaos can be a little wild when playing in trees and turning up hill. I have got to think the 2022 matryx with slash will be as much or more of a light front end feeling sled?
Hence my thoughts were you could make a pro half way between a Pro and a Khaos with shock adjustments and shorter tunnel possibly change limiter strap if wanted?
Or would you say go Khaos and if it's a little to wild on hills use shocks and limiter strap to tame it down?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Watch the Brett Turcotte vid on the Khaos Boost 155 if you haven't. He felt the Axys K was abit wild in previous vids, but implies the Matryx K is more in the middle of the Axys Pro and Axys K. More FUD - fear, uncertainly, doubt - between the Pro and K. We need more ambassador and poo team reviews to better understand the Realville differences between the Pro and Khaos in the Matryx chassis vs. what we knew in the Axys chassis.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Watch the Brett Turcotte vid on the Khaos Boost 155 if you haven't. He felt the Axys K was abit wild in previous vids, but implies the Matryx K is more in the middle of the Axys Pro and Axys K. More FUD - fear, uncertainly, doubt - between the Pro and K. We need more ambassador and poo team reviews to better understand the Realville differences between the Pro and Khaos in the Matryx chassis vs. what we knew in the Axys chassis.
I wonder if the Khaos BOOST will be valved differently than the NA Khaos.

Turcotte says the Khaos Boost is more controllable than the 2021 Khaos NA, and yet I have heard guys saying the Matryx PRO is way more playful than a 2021 Pro- It almost feels like a Khaos. Conflicting.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I have not ridden the 2022 Pro Matryx Slash.
I DID ride the RMK Khaos Matrix Slash 155 NA.

I own 3 850 Khaos 162. I like the Axys Khaos feel compared to the Axys Pro-- way more playful, but also "twitchy or nervous"

The 2022 Khaos 155 felt just as playful WITHOUT the twitchy/ nervous feel-- didn't know how much better the Khaos platform could feel until I rode the 2022.

I snowchecked a Khaos 155 Boost. (will stretch to 165-- I just like 160 series sleds).

I'd recommend a Khaos-- you can tame it with limiter strap and increasing RTS spring preload and also by closing compression valving. More work (and $$) in making a Pro more playful.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois

I own 3 850 Khaos 162. I like the Axys Khaos feel compared to the Axys Pro-- way more playful, but also "twitchy or nervous"

The 2022 Khaos 155 felt just as playful WITHOUT the twitchy/ nervous feel-- didn't know how much better the Khaos platform could feel until I rode the 2022.

I snowchecked a Khaos 155 Boost. (will stretch to 165-- I just like 160 series sleds).

I'd recommend a Khaos-- you can tame it with limiter strap and increasing RTS spring preload and also by closing compression valving. More work (and $$) in making a Pro more playful.
Hey Murph,
Can you explain how it’s more expensive to convert a 165 Matryx Pro to a 165 Khaos. I thought it would be more expensive to go from a Khaos 155 to 165. Pro to Khaos, rails and front shock. Khaos 155, rails and track.
thanks

T
Nov 11, 2008
Not comparing the Matryx but the Axys Khaos in 155 and 165 are more playful in a good way. Once you understand it’s behaviour you require less rider input to maneuver which takes less effort and energy leaving you less fatigued in gnarly terrain.

Turcottes original comparison of the 155’s was a little unfair given the Pro was his personal sled with mod straight steering post and shocks set up for him vs a stock Khaos but yes the 155’s transfer more than the longer 163/165’s.

I don’t see me ever going back to a Pro vs the Khaos in a RMK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

FirstAscent

Feb 25, 2021
West Coast
Even though you can now get velocity shocks on the Pro’s? Not the exact same but one step closer to a quick adjustment for a more playful feel, and it’s a free adjustment :)
Not comparing the Matryx but the Axys Khaos in 155 and 165 are more playful in a good way. Once you understand it’s behaviour you require less rider input to maneuver which takes less effort and energy leaving you less fatigued in gnarly terrain.

Turcottes original comparison of the 155’s was a little unfair given the Pro was his personal sled with mod straight steering post and shocks set up for him vs a stock Khaos but yes the 155’s transfer more than the longer 163/165’s.

I don’t see me ever going back to a Pro vs the Khaos in a RMK.

Are you referring to Turcotts comparison of the axys Pro and Khaos 155’s? I thought they were both his personal sleds.

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Hey Murph,
Can you explain how it’s more expensive to convert a 165 Matryx Pro to a 165 Khaos. I thought it would be more expensive to go from a Khaos 155 to 165. Pro to Khaos, rails and front shock. Khaos 155, rails and track.
thanks
Original poster was talking Non-turbo 155....
Non-Turbo Khaos is available as a 163/165.
My BOOST build IS going to be more difficult/ expensive (story of my life)
Pro Velocity Shock option are High speed compression only versus High/Low on Khaos

Last edited:

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Even though you can now get velocity shocks on the Pro’s? Not the exact same but one step closer to a quick adjustment for a more playful feel, and it’s a free adjustment :)

Velocity shocks on Pro's are only high speed compression versus High/ Low on Khaos.

For me, I prefer the Khaos.... even the squirrely Axys Khaos.... the Matryx Khaos without the nervousness/ squirrelyness is a no brainer.

That is what I want/ am looking for. Is it right for everybody?... definitely not, that's why Polaris builds both ;)

F

FirstAscent

Feb 25, 2021
West Coast
Velocity shocks on Pro's are only high speed compression versus High/ Low on Khaos.

For me, I prefer the Khaos.... even the squirrely Axys Khaos.... the Matryx Khaos without the nervousness/ squirrelyness is a no brainer.

That is what I want/ am looking for. Is it right for everybody?... definitely not, that's why Polaris builds both ;)
Oh just HIGH speed. Son of a ...

i knew it wasn’t hi-lo like the Khaos but it didn’t click on my head that it was only high speed. That blows. So either switch to a Khaos or look at Fox upgrade haha. Damn you Polaris.

T
Nov 11, 2008

Are you referring to Turcotts comparison of the axys Pro and Khaos 155’s? I thought they were both his personal sleds.

Yes. I asked him about it because I know his Pro has a modded straight steering post. I have seen it in person. The Khaos was basically off the show room floor.

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN

So you rode a 155 khaos matrix slash and it handled like a 21 163 khaos?
your saying you think you can tame down a khaos with rts and limiter strap easier or more effectively than making a pro more playful by increasing fts and decreasing rts on a pro?
I talked to a Carls cycle guy and he said it's a horse a piece but they thought the new pro was more playful than the old 21 pro and a good mix of the khaos vs pro...
seems like so many different opinions here.
The Turcotte video he posted of 155 pro vs khaos showed him struggling to go up hills and keep control with the khaos vs the pro...

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
So you rode a 155 khaos matrix slash and it handled like a 21 163 khaos?
your saying you think you can tame down a khaos with rts and limiter strap easier or more effectively than making a pro more playful by increasing fts and decreasing rts on a pro?
I rode a 22 Khaos Matryx Slash.
It was light on the skis (not as, oh sh!t I’m going to wheelie over backwards like a 20-21 155 Khaos) and yet less nervous/ twitchy than even my 20 and 21 162” Khaos sleds.

For me, and my style of riding, I’d rather tame a Khaos versus trying to make a Pro more playful (<—- I built a Khaos geometry 162” out of my 2020 162” Pro 850 and it works well I do prefer the Hi/low velocities over my Pro coil shocks)

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
Another great option, especially paired with a longer shock eyelet/ limiter strap.
Good to see you are still kicking wild man! Been too long! Ive dropped limiter strap on pros and lifted on Khaos. I think that as you said focusing on the conditions a person rides in 90% of the time and make adjustments according to that. Ive really enjoyed Kmod rear with transfer block. gives you the ability to have a wider range 2 second adjustment option. normally I ride on 1. If I find myself in a situation that has me wheeling over to get the momentum needed I can roll it to 4. Skis stay planted.

Premium Features