• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Yamahas, 2 Strokes are back

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Completely underwhelming. And 1yr warranty to boot. Just seems like a lazy way to put a sled out, no effort on Yammies part. LAME

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Completely underwhelming. And 1yr warranty to boot. Just seems like a lazy way to put a sled out, no effort on Yammies part. LAME

There is option for 3 year warranty. nothing ever satisfies anyone. The new ski doo turbo comes out everyone complines cuz the aftermarket ones will toast it. polaris comes out with a 163 khaos and everyone flips cuz its just "bold new graphics" yamaha comes into the game with a 2 stroke without spending much money on R&D and everyone complains cuz its a cat. Yes it is a cat. but yamaha doesnt have the budget in the snow market to completely build a motor...clutches....ecu...track.....rails.......chassis right now. and yes they do have the money because its yamaha but they arent going to dump money from another division into this one when it seems to be dying. they are trying. I am a cat owner and i love yamaha after 14 years of not having a two stroke this is a STEP FORWARD. yes it isnt a 250 HP triple cylinder 350 lbs ready to ride 165 alpha t motion khaos with a turboed supercharger big bore on it but come on guys. LOOK AT THE POSITIVE........WOW. I am excited to see what the future holds for them

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
@nytro41 1 yr warranty unless 4stroke?
I don't know the entire lineup but they EXCLUDE a lot of vehicles....
**Purchase a new 2021 Snowmobile model, excluding SXVenom, SXVenom Mountain, Transporter Lite, Transporter, VK540, Mountain Max LE 154, and Mountain Max LE 165, between 3/9/20 to 4/18/20 and receive a Free 24 month Y.E.S. (Yamaha Extended Service) Contract for a total of 3 years Genuine Yamaha Coverage. Includes 12 month Factory Limited Warranty + 24 month Y.E.S. See your dealer for complete program details or visit yamahamotorsports.com.

Sent it

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
YAMAHA SNOWMOBILE LIMITED WARRANTY

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. and Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. ("Yamaha") hereby warrant that new Yamaha snowmobiles will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the period of time stated herein, subject to certain stated limitations.

WARRANTY PERIOD
All new Yamaha snowmobiles purchased from an authorized Yamaha dealer in the customer's country of residence (United States or Canada) and registered with Yamaha shall be warranted against defects in material and workmanship, subject to the exclusions stated herein, for the following stated period of time:

• All Yamaha snowmobiles shall be warranted for a term of one (1) year from the date of purchase, plus a special early-season extension (if applicable).
  • All Yamaha snowmobile clutch components are warranted against normal wear for a period of three (3) months, or 1250 miles (2000 km), whichever comes first.
  • All Yamaha snowmobile batteries are warranted for thirty (30) days from the date of purchase.

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
1583856194461.jpeg
Need a little more blue to cover up the alpha green on this one.
I have owned quite a few Turbo Yamahas as well and just sold my Alpha cat due to it only had one year warranty and to buy
extra warranty was an unrealistic cost. As in the post above when you go through the snow check details on the Mountain Max there is only 1 year of warranty available - in Canada anyways. I really liked my Alpha but there is no way I would buy another one without 4 years of Warranty like Ski doo or Polaris offers.

Premium Features