• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Yamaha

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Will we see a new Yamaha built chassis or 2 stroke this year?
c6ad53ce13d942e9a8305a014ba74a99.jpg

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
Both would be cool.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I was just on my way to post this....

What I want? An eco-boost 2 stroke, 175ish HP stock - not too much unlike the ski-doo, except as a yamaha I assume it would be a lightweight triple and obviously last longer than the ski-doo.

With a 2 stroke, we would be much closer in the weight game, even with it being a triple. Add a factory low boost setup to maintain hp on the hill, or be able to tune it for around 200hp.

I'd be in heaven.

Really though, I see a re-release of the sidewinder, maybe they'll offer the alpha skid since A/C has had it out for a few years. Wouldn't surprise me to see another year of snow-check only production on certain models as well.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Been too long never get market share back lost to many dealers might as well just take Yamaha off as a manufacturer.. RIP

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Been too long never get market share back lost to many dealers might as well just take Yamaha off as a manufacturer.. RIP

I disagree. All it takes is a game changing product, dealers will respond to what people buy. Does Yammie have the guts to do this? If you look at patents you see carbon fiber chassis, high side steering, etc. They have the technology to sway people back and somehow the yammie/cat hasn't ruined their mainstay of reliability....yet. Ultimately it is a business choice for Yammie. I say move on to manufacturers that are in it to win it, but I guarantee Yammie can easily swing the pendulum if they decide to get back in.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Yamaha has one sled dealer in nd there dead in this high dollar sport. Yamaha also burnt many bridges with reputable dealers. Sticking them with products that wouldn't sell. Its hard enough for polaris and ski doo dealers to make it. The market is not expanding its shrinking no need to waste money in a dying industry. I know they can make a great product. Young people 18 to 25 are not getting into this sport. Imo its expense,hard work and its outside in the cold.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
"bettter throttle response than the cat" says snowest :unsure:
too bad they didnt go with their own clutches. But a yamaha tweeked alpha should be very nice! Airbox fixed? clutch shimmed correctly? this sled will rock no doubt. 2.6 is a nice option.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I don't get it. Their only unique offering is the Sidewinder, which is not getting any more popular, and the rest of the mountain line is rebranded Arctic Cats. The only reason I can see for that is to keep a foot in the door for something big they're working on, but if that's not the case, or if it's not coming soon, they're just wasting time and money. If they want to have a presence in the market, I'd think some kind of joint venture with Cat/Textron would be the way to go. Call it "Arctic Cat - powered by Yamaha" or something like that. I'm sure they have their reasons, but to my mind a brand engineered sled doesn't make much sense in a stagnant market.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I'm actually really stoked about this. I was planning on selling my viper and getting an alpha when I move home...but now I can just trade my viper on a MM and stay on a Yamaha. With a little luck we will see yamaha add their clutching and whatnot. Either way I think this is a good move for them, and if nothing else they are listening when people were saying they wanted them back in the two stroke game.

JackSprat

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Calirado
Had I not already SnowChecked a Cat from my local Cat dealer (Front Range Power Sports), I absolutely would have SnowChecked the Yamaha version.:cool:
I was tired of waiting for them to come around and release a "two stroke". I knew as soon as I dropped my coin that they (Yamaha) was probably going to do it this year, low and behold, bang, they're back!
It's cool, there's always next year, and I can't believe Cat and Yamaha are going to stay with the 800 all that much longer without boosting it or going bigger.
That blue looks great!:p

Love my Viper and have no plans to get rid of it.:)

Premium Features