• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Twin Rails - available in the US!!!

S
Oct 23, 2019
Hey guys I posted the pic of the Twin Rail sleds, I work at Yellowstone Motorsports. I was ordering sleds when the second wave of snowcheck happened and randomly saw this sled as an option so I ordered it! That is the only combination we were able to order which is a 154" with 2.6 lug and electric start. It is a sharp looking sled, I was only able to get 3 of them so very limited quantity! I am excited about it and clearly others are as well. Hopefully cat sees the buzz is generated and gives us more!

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Hey guys I posted the pic of the Twin Rail sleds, I work at Yellowstone Motorsports. I was ordering sleds when the second wave of snowcheck happened and randomly saw this sled as an option so I ordered it! That is the only combination we were able to order which is a 154" with 2.6 lug and electric start. It is a sharp looking sled, I was only able to get 3 of them so very limited quantity! I am excited about it and clearly others are as well. Hopefully cat sees the buzz is generated and gives us more!

That is a great looking sled, would be nice to see them offer other colors too.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We just stopped in the shop @Yellowstonemotorsports to check this and a few other things out.

Can confirm. its the older style 2.6" paddle 3" pitch track along with a full length tunnel cooler and the full e-start seat etc as the pics are showing.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
you can tell from the side angle shot it has the same ol side fingers that many remove for better deep snow.
seems like a great rental fleet sled. heavier, wont overheat easily, durable.

J

Juztterberi

Banned
Sep 17, 2017
My dealer in Montana just posted a pic of a 153 2021 twin rail that is available for sale. Saying it’s a very limited build. What the hell is going on? I thought that was only an overseas option. Anyone other dealers getting these?

I got mine smoothly with no errors. I hope you find someone who can help you.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
These sleds were built in January 2020 as 2021 models for OS markets. My take is for various reasons there are more sleds built than are now being purchased by those markets. Covid 19 probably a big part. They have sea level calibration in the clutches so make sure your dealers update for proper altitude. Also they have the 2018-2019 CTech 2 motor.

We need more mountain model availability twin and alpha rail with the smaller lug track and full cooler. We are losing customers who want a full mountain model more versatile than the 3.0 Alpha with short cooler.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
I don't know why it wouldn't be approved considering their new hillclimb sled they just released with the SX and XC machines has the alpha rail. I believe there are probably some hill climbers that would prefer the twin rail if given the choice.

Yellowstone Motorsports in Bozeman is the dealership.

Ok so heres the deal, The 2020 Alpha models were not approved for use in RMSHA last year unless you were in mod class only (Cat did not register them with ISR because no one was going to race one anyways). This year the Hillclimb Alpha R-M Model will be approved for use but the 2020's still arent. These twin rails were not made for the hillclimb racers, they arent even being offered for purchase through the race program.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
These sleds were built in January 2020 as 2021 models for OS markets. My take is for various reasons there are more sleds built than are now being purchased by those markets. Covid 19 probably a big part. They have sea level calibration in the clutches so make sure your dealers update for proper altitude. Also they have the 2018-2019 CTech 2 motor.

We need more mountain model availability twin and alpha rail with the smaller lug track and full cooler. We are losing customers who want a full mountain model more versatile than the 3.0 Alpha with short cooler.

Very odd that MY 2021 sleds would have 2018-19 motors with the slotted pistons when we had MY 2020 sleds being delivered in the Fall of 2019 which had the updated motor (Indeed I just looked up the Early Release international 2021 Norseman X 8000 and it uses the 2018 pistons!).

Interesting that these sleds would be sold in the states now with the challenges Cat has had with proper mapping and emissions on those motors, but you have to find a way to move your inventory I guess. That’s really important for people to realize that some of these sleds have the “Old” motor in them.

Last edited:
S
Oct 23, 2019
Very odd that MY 2021 sleds would have 2018-19 motors with the slotted pistons when we had MY 2020 sleds being delivered in the Fall of 2019 which had the updated motor (Indeed I just looked up the Early Release international 2021 Norseman X 8000 and it uses the 2018 pistons!).

Interesting that these sleds would be sold in the states now with the challenges Cat has had with proper mapping and emissions on those motors, but you have to find a way to move your inventory I guess. That’s really important for people to realize that some of these sleds have the “Old” motor in them.
The "old" motor is honestly better than the new one

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The 18-19 motor is not very different from the 20-21. The 20-21 that I’ve ridden seen a tiny bit stronger than the 18-19’s.
It is a very good looking sled. If it wasn’t e-start, I’d think about buying one.

8C9B99FD-708F-4FCF-A125-65FB4FD8FCB2.jpeg 8E8C0D0D-5AAF-42AD-9064-7DA3C027E76F.jpeg 0443EF3A-6EE5-49F5-AF55-F24BA531BF21.jpeg 6AD81771-1DFF-4D7E-93D5-F4F335B9D634.jpeg

Premium Features