• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Turbo's hood with no windscreen or glove box

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I have the BRP gps from previous years, and trying to find solutions for a gps mount, as well as trying to find storage that is being lost from the glove box extension.
i have a Mt. Addiction medium bag but am not sure if that is going to be adequate storage.

I carried drinks, gloves and goggles in the glove box.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
To piggy back on your GPS mount issue, I think I may just use the current glove box mount, but just mount it below the gauge. Was wondering though if the new Turbo has the same accessory power cable under the hood as previous Gen 4 sleds? As far as storage solutions, the only thing I can see it the behind the seat storage and on the tunnel.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Get the ski doo riser bag, you can keep your gps, phone and a few small items in there, and yes the sled has the ability to have the USB charger, and instead of it running to the glove box the wire will just got up through where the riser block comes through and up into the bag, simple and easy

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Get the ski doo riser bag, you can keep your gps, phone and a few small items in there, and yes the sled has the ability to have the USB charger, and instead of it running to the glove box the wire will just got up through where the riser block comes through and up into the bag, simple and easy
I have the small riser bag, but my preference would be to have the gps mounted someplace that it is visible.
I have seen a couple images in which people have used the mount bolted to the hood above the display, Just did not know if BRP had anything in the works with the accessories they offer.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
No windshield options? Or is that a thing of the past?
I have not seen a windshield accessory for it yet, I have seen pictures of on somehow installed but have no idea how that will work.
It could have been someone just setting it on the hood and taking pictures.

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
The summit windshield and trim fit the turbo hood just fine. All you have to do is drill out the pre marked holes and install the grommets.

Attachments

• 4A282B03-A787-463E-A469-EF96925A1952.jpeg
    4A282B03-A787-463E-A469-EF96925A1952.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 238

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
While I don't have a turbo (sad, I know) I found the glovebox extension way too tall. I mounted my GPS to the steering post using RAM mounting hardware
You have any pictures of that setup?

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
The summit windshield and trim fit the turbo hood just fine. All you have to do is drill out the pre marked holes and install the grommets.
If this is your sled is it possible to get some closer images to see the gaps at the front / sides / and from the top?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
All consumers complain about every ounce of weight and now you want a windsheild and a storage box?

Ha! Just kidding.

Yes, we should have the ability to put on and take off a small windshield (now it's removed and you have to pay for one) when we want to. And yes, some liked the Doo glove box (now it's removed and you have to buy storage separately). Doo tends to remove things then make you pay to replace it (example - make the gas tank smaller and offer a bigger spare gas can as an accessory item).

As for weight, Doo has made some good moves, but there's more. They could start with upgrading the porky skid and switching to LED headlights to shave some weight. And with all the amazing tech Doo comes up with, how about a lighter stock can?

E
Jul 23, 2008
Not sure that leds would lighten it that much but it should be added with the msrp just going up.

The 850 can was definitely lighter then the 800 etec. At a certain point your not going to meet regulations on sound and you've gotta go aftermarket. If ski doo goes titanium they will charge you more then an aftermarket company to regain the extra cost. I'd rather buy aftermarket and then i can put the stocker back on and put the nice one on a newer sled.

The skid could use an update. I could see a lockout on tmotion. A complete revision might be necessary to get rid of the torsion springs. With more shock options from the factory during spring check offering valving choices for rider weight/style at least on the high end upgrades. More color choices.

The chassis and design of the 850 might lose 5-10 more pounds from the factory without costing us but anymore and we will be in the 20000+ range for a turbo. New chassis same motor? May be high output upgrades for na sled and bigger boost levels for turbos.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Is it marked from the outside or the inside? I will putting the trim piece on mine also. Don't like the unfinished look myself. Thanks.

X
Oct 8, 2009
lol Polaris can doo it. Why can't Ski-doo.

Touche! But, to say a doo should weigh the same as a polaris is misleading; if that is what you are implying. A fundamental design choice by skidoo is a 16 wide track. That means the there exists an extra inch through every piece of the chassis straight down the middle. This includes the tunnel, coolers and fluid, seat, bulkhead, gas tank, plastics, track, etc. They obviously tried to cut weight using the tapered tunnel, but it is not exactly apples to apples.

Can Doo do more for their customers given the excessively profitable price tag they make customers pay...yes! I totally agree. But, every piece or attribute added to a sled is weight. Personally, i find the weight argument to be less compelling, and I too enjoy features I use. But, every forum I look at there are at least 10 people obsessing about every ounce.

Last edited:
Premium Features