• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Turbo fowling plugs

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Had my first issue with my 850t this weekend. Based in Alaska fyi.

Loaded the sled up in my truck friday night. Woke up to an ambient temp of -35F on Saturday and headed to Cantwell. Drove through some low temps of about -40F and when I parked the truck at the pull out it was -9F.

I pulled the sled over once and it idled for about 3 seconds and bogged out. Tried again and the lights came on and after that nothing. Tried to heat the block with truck exhaust but the plugs were already toast. Spoiled the day. Later that day I got it into a garage and let it warm up, pulled the plugs out, burned them and put them back in. It finally pulled over but was only running on 1 cylinder and 6800 rpm. I had a buddy meet me halfway from Fairbanks with an extra set of plugs. I put them in and it fired right up and ran great on Sunday.

I got to talking with a few other guys today who have 850T's and they said they've also had problems with fouling plugs at colder temps. This was never an issue for me on my 2017 850 summit, that thing pulled over at -25F to -30F more than once. In two years I never had plug problems with it.

Is anyone having issues with plugs on their turbos?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Interesting.

700 plus miles so far. No plug issues.

Though we have not had the -30 or -40 degrees below zero this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
How far are you through your break-in mode? The ones I have seen having trouble are still not all the way through break in.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Fouled a plug on mine yesterday.....just out of break in. What an pita to change plugs on.
Definitely a PITA, and the ski-doo tool kit doesn't come with a spark plug socket. Talk to your dealer! Took mine in for a warranty claim and it was approved so I got new plugs out of the deal. Thanks Delta Powersports, awesome people.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Definitely a PITA, and the ski-doo tool kit doesn't come with a spark plug socket. Talk to your dealer! Took mine in for a warranty claim and it was approved so I got new plugs out of the deal. Thanks Delta Powersports, awesome people.
As it turns out I didnt foul a plug......spark plug wire came loose. I could barely get my hand in there to put it back on.

Premium Features