• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Polaris RMK

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
So Burandt was just in Jackson Hole doing some 2021 testing for Polaris. Any speculation? The Axys chassis is 5yrs old now, might be time for another little refresh. Factory cut tunnel,163 Khaos, Boost, or just a BNG yr?

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 9.27.28 PM.png

Last edited:

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
I’m new to this game, 2020 RMK 850 163”. My feet constantly get stuck in the foot wells. Is this the toe loop problem you speak of?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Polaris has been pretty consistent on a five-year cycle for each chassis, going back to the iQ. Would love to think they've got something in store that'll make the Doo turbo a footnote, but my gut tells me not to get too excited. My wallet guarantees me there's nothing to get excited about!

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Yes. Do some searching on here. It's been talked about. You can bend them up with some good pressure on the out side so it open them up a good amount. Done it on my 17 an now 20. It's a MUST

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
My guess is updates to currently fix the issues being experienced with current model like the temp sensor wiring & BNG. Same terrible foot holds, to big of a seat, 70's electric start that weighs 20 pounds & no short tunnel . I would love to see a Polaris version of Doo's Expert but with a legit shock package. Short tunnel, small seat, Fox QS3's with lock out & redesigned air intakes.

Last edited:
C
Nov 29, 2008
Murph, when you get a chance can you snap a photo of the cut off toe loop? Thanks.
Reciprocating saw and cut the loops off - aluminium flap disk to clean up ... Only wish i had done it earlier before stuck boot wrenched my knee ...add bonus is that no loop makes it easier to stay ahead of sled in tight trees or when you need to walk the sled ahead on edge

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Polaris has been pretty consistent on a five-year cycle for each chassis, going back to the iQ. Would love to think they've got something in store that'll make the Doo turbo a footnote, but my gut tells me not to get too excited. My wallet guarantees me there's nothing to get excited about!
The Edge RMK was 4 or 5?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I know the EDGE RMK was 02-04(5) (05 depends on whether you consider it superseded by the 900, but the RMK lineup was mostly EDGE). The basic chassis goes back another year or two in other sleds, so it's pretty close to five years.

Unrelated, and not a "want that" for everybody, but I'd like to see something new in the non-850 motor department. Nothing wrong with the 800, but if it goes much longer as is, it's a lame duck. You also have to wonder why the improvements in the 850 (motor mounts, cooling system, TPS) haven't trickled down to the 800. The 600 is in an even worse state. Hopefully those things will trickle down to those motors, or maybe it's a sign something new is coming? One possibility – I wouldn't call it likely – would be brand new 600 and 700-class motors based around the same design. The 600 could be the durable "fleet" motor, and the 700(ish) would be built for performance; it'd be the motor the current 800 buyer could still be happy with, but a little lighter and more efficient than the 850. Probably just day-dreaming here, but it'd be nice to see some love for more than just the big dog!

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
It’s time for a completely new-from-the-ground-up chassis. And I would think that the reason ski doo did a mid season release of the factory turbo is that Polaris is bringing one out for ‘21 and they wanted to beat them to the punch.

Premium Features