• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Mountain Max who bought one

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
I am debating on selling my 19 alpha and getting the new mountain max. Purley because i love the yamaha stuff. yes i know they are the same but i think its cool to see a step towards 2 strokes back in the yamaha world. Who snowchecked one and why?

U
Feb 24, 2019
I am debating on selling my 19 alpha and getting the new mountain max. Purley because i love the yamaha stuff. yes i know they are the same but i think its cool to see a step towards 2 strokes back in the yamaha world. Who snowchecked one and why?
I was close but in the end I’d rather deal with the guys at the Cat dealer than the Yamaha dealer near me. So I went with the Alpha.

J
Apr 24, 2014
I checked one. To be honest I like the blue and the dealer was knowledgeable. He sells Cat also and basically I got a cover included with the Yammie otherwise the deal was the same. I'll gave to see how it comes as it shows a nice manual start seat on the vids and pics. But I have a feeling its coming with the mountain pillow which will be coming off. Also ,a bit strange that the transporter 800 has a bit of a yammie exclusive hood but the mtn max is a exact cat hood. Unsure why they wouldn't put the transporter plastic on it.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I checked one. To be honest I like the blue and the dealer was knowledgeable. He sells Cat also and basically I got a cover included with the Yammie otherwise the deal was the same. I'll gave to see how it comes as it shows a nice manual start seat on the vids and pics. But I have a feeling its coming with the mountain pillow which will be coming off.
did the dealer have any answer to the seat thing? sure is weird. did they give the test riders a manual start model so it felt lighter? that wouldnt be cool. nice sled tho. as you say just change out that couch anyways.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I would have traded in my viper without a second thought on a snowchecked MM, except I'm stationed in Hawaii until 2022 so it wouldn't do me much good.

I'll be on one eventually, it just isn't in the cards yet.

U
Nov 11, 2009
I checked the 154. Might as well try one. The color and price was a win win for me. It was $2 grand less than the cheapest price I could find on a Polaris Khaos. If I do not like it for sale signs are cheap. Now for some new light weight gear. Any suggestions. Boots, helmet, coat, pants, and gloves. Meadow riding only.

X
Oct 8, 2009
Klim gear has always served me well. I am not a big fan of recent year color combos, but the next year product may be better. In the end, it works and keeps me dry and warm.

JackSprat

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Calirado
I would have but I was already into my Cat Snow Check before Yamaha finally released the news.
I have a good Cat dealer here in Fort Collins, so I'm running with it.:)
If they (Yamaha) had just been quicker to the party, I would have had no reason not too!:(

Y
Apr 4, 2020
I was close but in the end I’d rather deal with the guys at the Cat dealer than the Yamaha dealer near me. So I went with the Alpha.
Every Yamaha dealer in Alberta except Lethal Powersports in Lloydminster were absolute utter idiots,less than helpful.
Yamaha f***** themselves by discontinuing the 2 stroke in the snowmobile department. 70 % of the Yamaha dealers no longer even have a snowmobile department.
Go from the best 2 stroke ever made 700 triple red head. Down hill ever since.
Yay! hope it ends 2021!

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I had a 2000 mm and really like the look of the new ones, but our dealer is Polaris. No Yamaha around. If I had the extra money I’d for sure have one!

Premium Features