• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

2021 Driveshaft failure x 2

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Nothing wrong with picking up one somebody else breaks. 😂

Steel pro rmk driveshaft and avid drivers.

Ready for action.
Do you know if the spline on the end of the drive shaft for the QD2 pulley is the same as an older steel shaft that had a chain case?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Do you know if the spline on the end of the drive shaft for the QD2 pulley is the same as an older steel shaft that had a chain case?
Same splines on all 2011 and up. (Maybe older but I’m not certain)

Shorter threads inside the steel shaft.

Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I can't believe this track and driver thing isn't a bigger deal. It is absurd how tight you have to run the track. It's absolutely gobbling up horsepower.

And yes I could buy extroverts and cut rails and blah blah blah. What a bunch of crap for $15k.

Polaris failed on this big time. A great idea that was poorly executed and resulted in crap. Its like riding around a jackhammer.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
I can't believe this track and driver thing isn't a bigger deal. It is absurd how tight you have to run the track. It's absolutely gobbling up horsepower.

And yes I could buy extroverts and cut rails and blah blah blah. What a bunch of crap for $15k.

Polaris failed on this big time. A great idea that was poorly executed and resulted in crap. Its like riding around a jackhammer.

Sounds like you need to Buy a different brand next time?

I don’t have a new one but, I acknowledge that if I want to buy a new polaris OR skidoo both of them will need Avid drivers...... (seen too many stripped drivers on shafts from doo)

Arctic cat needs a jackshaft and hyvo chaincase guts.

Call it BS because it is but don’t just complain about it!

Do something!

Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Sometimes you really do have to wonder if R&D ever made it to the snow. I know of two problem sleds to date, one ratcheted and damaged the track then went to Avid Drivers. The other was a broken driveshaft (more than likely from ratcheting) that I towed off the mountain last weekend. I haven't seen a driveshaft come apart for no reason since 2012.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho

I don’t have a new one but, I acknowledge that if I want to buy a new polaris OR skidoo both of them will need Avid drivers...... (seen too many stripped drivers on shafts from doo)

Do something!
While i kinda get what you are saying, people should be able to buy a stock sled for 15-16k and not have to worry about it from the get-go, and shouldnt have to make additional modifications to make it work from the factory. Swing-and-miss from polaris.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
While i kinda get what you are saying, people should be able to buy a stock sled for 15-16k and not have to worry about it from the get-go, and shouldnt have to make additional modifications to make it work from the factory. Swing-and-miss from polaris.

Yep they suck.

I changed out my 3.0 pitch drivers for avid also because they don’t grip the track.

Wouldn’t be any different for me.

Jan 3, 2008
Same splines on all 2011 and up. (Maybe older but I’m not certain)

Shorter threads inside the steel shaft.
Seems like Polaris changed the bolt for the bottom belt drive gear a few times between 2013 and 2016. Polaris kept making the bolt longer so it would have more "stretch" and "elastitcy" so it wouldn't break. I am guessing you would also want a shaft from a later model pro that has the deeper threaded hole so you could run the longer bolt? Does the 2016 Axys use a steel drive shaft? When did the shafts change from steel to aluminum?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Seems like Polaris changed the bolt for the bottom belt drive gear a few times between 2013 and 2016. Polaris kept making the bolt longer so it would have more "stretch" and "elastitcy" so it wouldn't break. I am guessing you would also want a shaft from a later model pro that has the deeper threaded hole so you could run the longer bolt? Does the 2016 Axys use a steel drive shaft? When did the shafts change from steel to aluminum?
2013 was first year of aluminum hex shaft on belt drives. Chain case sled still use a steel shaft to this day i believe. 2013 was when they had all the shaft problems and came out with the bandaid clamp they still use

Dec 24, 2008
yup 2013 was a bad driveshaft year. i remember ordering a box of clamps from kelsey at rk tek as a preventative measure for new sleds out of the crate. he was the first to come out with them that i knew. Selkirk choppers in revy loved these sleds.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Do something!
Ehhhh, people need to complain... its fuqn BS. Polaris needs to hear it and more importantly they need to address it. I don’t care if Doo or Cat are no better.

The majority of people don’t have the tools or ability to change drivers and chop rails- its very important this part of the sled comes from the factory not needing modifications.

Last edited:
Premium Features