• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 AXYS 850 162 POWER CLAW BELT DRIVE MTNTK TURBO

chrisco

Premium Member
Oct 22, 2008
Stony Plain Alberta
This years sled 2021 850 162 belt drive, mtntk turbo kit, kurts gear down, power claw 3 inch track, powder freaks drivers, mtntk antistab, slp intake vents, autometer boost gauge, Cracing gauge mount. Powder coated the rails, both bumpers, foot boards, seat hoop, all 4 springs, gauge mount. Running 4 psi pulling Polaris 10-74 grams in the primary with a 150-310 spring at 8600 to 8500 on pump gas. Loaded her up with 10-78 last night leaving today to go ride, im thinking I might have to turn it up to 5psi to pull the 78's at 8400 so will see. MTNTK kit is pull and go like all the rest I have had.

SLED 2.jpg 2021 AXYS 3.jpg 2021 AXYS.jpg SLED 6.jpg SLED 4.jpg 2021 AXYS 5.jpg SLED 7.jpg AXYS 2121 9.jpg SLED 3.jpg

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
That is a sweet looking sled!!

I would love a full review of that track on the twin rail skid. I've wondered for a while now, that track on the Polaris chassis might be the perfect combo. The Alpah is so affective at tractoring through the steep and deep and I've wondered if it's the full combo of the mono rail and track or mainly just the track.

I know that track you took off this sled is the 2.6 but have had a chance to ride much on the new Polaris 2.75 track? A comparison on the tracks would be awesome. Also, what elevation are you riding at? Pulling 8500 rpm on 4lbs with 74s must mean you're not to high above sea level?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Couple things I noticed with the 3” PC on my NA 850.
It hooks very well, it has a tendency to drive you down hill when sidehilling over the stock or X tracks. Believe this is caused by the wide paddles.
It packs the tunnel with snow and has a hard time evacuating, I believe caused by the wide lug also. Not much clearance between AXYS tunnel and track. This is also causing clutch and belt heat.
I will reinstall it this year and cut it down to 2.7” and try it again.
It doesn’t retain paddles very well. Mine has shucked a few and vibrates worse than any track I have ran.
Cat has a great attack angle and a lot of tunnel clearance. Works awesome there.
Just my opinion here.

chrisco

Premium Member
Oct 22, 2008
Stony Plain Alberta
That is a sweet looking sled!!

I would love a full review of that track on the twin rail skid. I've wondered for a while now, that track on the Polaris chassis might be the perfect combo. The Alpah is so affective at tractoring through the steep and deep and I've wondered if it's the full combo of the mono rail and track or mainly just the track.

I know that track you took off this sled is the 2.6 but have had a chance to ride much on the new Polaris 2.75 track? A comparison on the tracks would be awesome. Also, what elevation are you riding at? Pulling 8500 rpm on 4lbs with 74s must mean you're not to high above sea level?

The track is the real deal, my buddy put the hole alpha skid and track in his 850 last year that's the reason for me having the track was to compare both sleds NA last year and there was no difference. The Alpha does have a **** ton more room up in the tunnel for snow to evacuate so that I'm sure is some performance gain in the cat chasse. All in all I really like the power claw it works well.

I have not tried the new track but from what i have seen and talked to guys it works well. I ride at 6000 to 7000 feet most of the time.

chrisco

Premium Member
Oct 22, 2008
Stony Plain Alberta
Couple things I noticed with the 3” PC on my NA 850.
It hooks very well, it has a tendency to drive you down hill when sidehilling over the stock or X tracks. Believe this is caused by the wide paddles.
It packs the tunnel with snow and has a hard time evacuating, I believe caused by the wide lug also. Not much clearance between AXYS tunnel and track. This is also causing clutch and belt heat.
I will reinstall it this year and cut it down to 2.7” and try it again.
It doesn’t retain paddles very well. Mine has shucked a few and vibrates worse than any track I have ran.
Cat has a great attack angle and a lot of tunnel clearance. Works awesome there.
Just my opinion here.

Thanks Tony I agree with most of what you said and I have found the down hill is not as good as the X3. Let me know what you find when you cut it down. I haven't lost any paddles on mine at all.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Thanks Tony I agree with most of what you said and I have found the down hill is not as good as the X3. Let me know what you find when you cut it down. I haven't lost any paddles on mine at all.
Im also interested in how the cut down goes. I love the PC 3 on my sled in a 153. But the trade off is the vibration. I thought it wasnt a true 3 inch though just the fingers. Maybe im thinking of else

chrisco

Premium Member
Oct 22, 2008
Stony Plain Alberta
Little update the Power Claw does not well under boost just does not hook at all seems like anything over half throttle and she just spins. So now went to an X3 will try that then will try something after that maybe go 3.5 pitch, looking for options.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
If you go the 3.5 pitch, the doo track is working soo good on my sled, like night and day better then the x3 or 2.7.

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
Ran one weekend with a new X3 162 and it was ok, now doing a 175X3 skidoo 3.5 and that should be the end all lol. Tried 4 tracks in 450 miles.
You tried a composit?
The rubber compound/paddles seem like it would stand up well to boost.

Premium Features