• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Alpha Leaking Oil

B
Dec 12, 2014
Curious if anyone is having oil splatter in engine compartment after idling for the first time? With the excess oiling for break in i Let it idle for a few minutes and noticed oil splatter directly under the y pipe. The exhaust springs were all in tact but noticed the coupler from main pipe to y pipe wasnt pulling evenly on the pipe. Removed springs and corrected it. Let it idle again and no splatter as of now. Also, the plug on front side of engine block does it usually have coolant residue on it? My 18 MC never had either of these things going on so just seeing if anyone has a better answer or could explain what is happening thanks.

L
Mar 15, 2019
I had a 2020 riot x last year, same thing happened. After getting a good heat cycle in it ( first ride ) the graphite gasket at the y pipe seated and it was as fine. I wouldn’t run it too much just at idol before the first ride. They over oil a ton on both break in modes.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I always pull theY pipe and can donut's when new and give then a coat of red high temp RTV- let them skin over and and re-install never a leak even in break in mode- While I am in there I give all the springs Y Pipe and Can a bead length wise of the same - helps on vibration and easy on the springs to reduce breakage.

No coolant residue on the 3 Alpha's sitting here in my shop Spring protection..jpg

Premium Features