• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 175 turbo doo vs 174 MTNTK turbo pro (7lbs)

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Looks pretty even to me. Rider and preference. That is why i can't believe doo won't go away from the 16 wide track. Way more downfalls than gains imo. Wish cat had a big alpha track to throw in the mix even though they are short on power.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Looks pretty even to me. Rider and preference. That is why i can't believe doo won't go away from the 16 wide track. Way more downfalls than gains imo. Wish cat had a big alpha track to throw in the mix even though they are short on power.
Even yeah, but the RMK rolling with 7lbs boost. What does the stock skidoo run 3-4lbs? Basically just enough to compensate for elevation... IMO the flotation of the 16 wide probably helps keep it closer than it would have otherwise been in a straight line shootout.

Then again when you have a 175 inch long track perhaps flotation isn't a huge concern anymore and the rotating mass becomes more of a hinderance.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
The doo claims 4 lbs but it compensates for load also. The 175 seams to load more than the 165. A 165 was playing on the same hill and turning out 3/4 of the way up. The 175 keeps its front end down better and loads the engine. The 175 doo is working great.

Premium Features