• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 wont start

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I agree with idling down. With the reflash on my 19, sometimes it may take more than a full minute to come down to idle!

If temps are 140°+ it may not come down to a normal idle but after 1min it has been fine to shut down for me.

Thinking about a silber flash just to fix the stupid idle issue.

Try grabbing some throttle if it doesn't fire after second pull.

Sent it

T
Feb 28, 2016
The idle down is to cool down the exhaust temperature. I think that could be part of the no starting thing. The computer is still trying to read the high temps which in turn it wont start

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
It isnt lack of idling down.. my 19s never did this my 20s you can light the exhaust on fire Haha litteraly from the outlet... hold wide open and pull 10 to 15 times then finnaly she will start...

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
The idle down is to cool down the exhaust temperature. I think that could be part of the no starting thing. The computer is still trying to read the high temps which in turn it wont start
The idle down does help cool the exhaust for sure, it also burns up the excess fuel in the crankcase that is causing the flooding condition.

J
Jan 15, 2016
Mine did the exact same thing while trying to unload out of the trailer. I had buddy hold the throttle wide open and got it start, was flooded really bad. Ive rode it many times since, never had done it again.

Premium Features