• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 timbersled 129 LE track swap to 3 inch possibility

C
i have right now bran new camso in my basement . i do not like much , i did ride some older camso and it fell like a tractor or a tank . a;so hard pack ride is horrible . camso track is the nicest one to my opinion . that why i also look at the 2020 -21 yeti but afraid to break them in nasty wood riding ( i live in quebec so dens wood ) and yeti hare expensive .
i can have a deal on a new 129 LE 2020 . all my budy hare telling me that the camso will go were 129 2,5 track wont be able to go :cautious: so my question is if i rip the track out or rely want more can i put 3 inch track on my 2020 aro LE or the front tunnel clearance wont allow it .
2021 129 3 inch track hare very pricey and especially if i buy all the upgrade .

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
When I looked into it on my 18 aro it was cost prohibited.. it was better to sell it and buy the aro 3 ..

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
beware the 3 inch works great as long as RPM,s are up however as motor loads during end of a climb or super deep powder it cannot keep track speed up , The new yeti 2.5 track out climbed the 3 inch because motor never pulled down and pulled much higher gearing .

C
beware the 3 inch works great as long as RPM,s are up however as motor loads during end of a climb or super deep powder it cannot keep track speed up , The new yeti 2.5 track out climbed the 3 inch because motor never pulled down and pulled much higher gearing .
i am snowmobile guy and what you just say i what happening in snowmobile also and they have 160 hp or more . chris burant do not run 3 inch on is turbo polaris . faster track speed is sometime the best setup over lower speed and good traction . everybody talk about aro velocity 3 but i like to see if it always the best set up everywhere . it just my opinion and i know 3 inch must be insane ..... like to ride one .... but they hare crazy expensive .

i had a good price on new 129 LE 2020 ( 6699 can $ plus taxe )
was looking option on track , if i go 129 2,5 i may go 3 inch if they hare that good .

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
I have a 2020 129LE with a CMX/camso track. It was cut down to fit my ARO. It is hard to keep up with for my buddies.

C
after reading and trying to educate myself i order a snow check yeti freeride 2021 on the 18 september . it a lot off money $$$ will se if this pile off $$$ will be justified .

i am excessive in my sport and i know i will buy one in middle off season so i fall for the yeti snow check .

C
Sep 19, 2013
Lumby, BC
after reading and trying to educate myself i order a snow check yeti freeride 2021 on the 18 september . it a lot off money $$$ will se if this pile off $$$ will be justified .

i am excessive in my sport and i know i will buy one in middle off season so i fall for the yeti snow check .

I eneded up taking on a Snowcheck 2021 Aro3 Velocity, if you ever come out West to Southern BC this winter we can compare.
They seem to be direct competition for each other.
Would love to see the differences in the 2 kits!

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut

You will be happy with the Yeti... it really is a great snowbike kit... The aro 3 is so close in price it is a hard call. This year the guy I ride with will have aro 3 so we can do lots of comparisons. We also have almost identical bikes.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The new Yeti is by far the best powder kit. They hit a home run, exceptional track and kit with no issues at all.

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
No, the 2020 ARO like got a drop and roll to make room for the 3" track. The 2018 and 2019 ARO's (and RIOT) will not clear a 3" track.
Old thread, but.. would my 2022 129s fit the 3" with the stock 3" drivers? I ended up going to 5 tooth drivers because I didn't think it would clear, but I hate the gearing and tight track radius going around the 5 tooth. If I could run the bigger stock 3" 6 tooth drivers, I'd prefer that, for the rolling resistance and gearing changes.

Old thread, but.. would my 2022 129s fit the 3" with the stock 3" drivers? I ended up going to 5 tooth drivers because I didn't think it would clear, but I hate the gearing and tight track radius going around the 5 tooth. If I could run the bigger stock 3" 6 tooth drivers, I'd prefer that, for the rolling resistance and gearing changes.

Yeah, you could run the 3" timbersled drivers.

Premium Features