• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 new spindles information

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
Put a MY19 spindle next to a MY20 Expert spindle and THERE IS a geometry difference, very subtile, but present.
I happen to have both in my garage.
I would still have to agree that the major change contributor is the rubber.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Put a MY19 spindle next to a MY20 Expert spindle and THERE IS a geometry difference, very subtile, but present.
I am not implying you are wrong, I also have both, from what I have very briefly seen I notice no difference. I did not take out any measuring tools or do any fancy analysis of the parts, what I did do was put them up against each other and compare the bolt holes for the ski's and everything else being equal did not notice any difference.

But If my job was to promote a product I would definitely inject my unbiased version oh now much better the new ones are.

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Weird turns out these guys don’t know as much as people think they know they are just marketing puppets.
Interesting concept, might be the way you run your show if you had the chance, since you have come out with the idea. However we are not told of anything before we get to test ride a sled especially in early stages so that we don't become biased, but rather form our own opinion. To me what matters is what works, over what I am told. I have a reputation and if I told you something wrong then you would never beleive me again. Guys with your ideals always say I over pump something, however it is quite the opposite. I usually understate it, and then it is always questioned and then every year when guys get their sleds they say the same thing. This will be the same. The front end works, it helps the back end as well.

Facts we know now:
Spindle is no different in geometry
Spindle is different in where new material is to meet the new rubber.
Spindles is redesigned to be lighter
Spindle works with the new rubber

Here is what you get to do as a person who rides a ski-doo:
Ride your current sled as is and continue loving it
Ride a 2020 Summit X or SP with the regular spindles or add the durpro or munster aftermarket rubbers or purchase the new lightweight spindles and add them, lots of choice here
Keep wasting your time beating a dead horse on something that has been explained many times, you may not like the answer, but it is indeed the answer

The choice is yours. Heading out e-foiling now so remember as you type and waste your time you could be doing something fun!

B
Feb 18, 2009
I disagree. I have both side by side and it can be hard to tell but if you align the holes they are exactly the same.

ebnewbie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2019
I went back out and looked at the angles again. I had them flipped over before. The geometry will push the front of the skies down, and work like a plow to cut across other tracks.
When i removed the skies, the pivot pins were corroded after only 33 miles last season. So I drilled and tapped for 1/4" zerk fittings.

IMG_20191201_174503_hdr.jpg IMG_20191201_174530_hdr.jpg IMG_20191201_182300_hdr.jpg

S
Dec 29, 2019
Has anyone put the new spindles on their old skies? I have a pair of the new spindles on the way and just looking for tips on what it is exactly that needs to be cut and how to get the new rubbers to fit. Do I shave off a bit of the bottom of the rubber to make this "notch" or the more likely I'm thinking is cut a notch into the ski?

Premium Features