• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 new spindles information

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Talking about the ski, the way I read it is about the only difference in the ski is that it accepts the new stoppers. I bet if you are handy at all one could modify the older DS3 to do the same thing. I'm sure Skidoo would love to have everyone buy a new set of skis too.

Jon
You Do Not need to purchase new skis, you can cut a small section for the new spindle ski stop to fit in and it wil be the same, the reason we can not talk about it is we can not do videos on cutting up products as if you do it wrong, guys blame us. The spindle/stopper is worth it in my opinion. I am putting it on my 2020 summit x and I know guys will say of course you are as it is FREE, nothing is free in the land of sponsorship, we all have budgets, so choosing this does mean something. Cheers dave

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
You Do Not need to purchase new skis, you can cut a small section for the new spindle ski stop to fit in and it wil be the same, the reason we can not talk about it is we can not do videos on cutting up products as if you do it wrong, guys blame us. The spindle/stopper is worth it in my opinion. I am putting it on my 2020 summit x and I know guys will say of course you are as it is FREE, nothing is free in the land of sponsorship, we all have budgets, so choosing this does mean something. Cheers dave
So the spindles, what changed there? Just lighter? They talk about a change in geometry but never truly say. Taller shorter, cambered forward, back... Thank you
Dan

Last edited:

DuraPro

DuraPro - Perfection by Design™
Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
Perhaps its helpful to know that we've been able to verify, along with a few riders and dealers of ours that DuraPro dampers also fit the 2020 spindles (including the Expert package). As for a change in the geometry of the OEM spindle, if there is one (on the bottom side) it is very, very small.

Last edited:

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
We totally agree the stock rubbers are not great. We feel its not the actual spindle that the issue it's where it is. The G4 is still twitchy(as seen in Daves N short vid) Have a look at what our kit does in helping with the twitch and making riding on edge easier. We will also have a set of DuroPro's on this year. As out stock rubber were shot.

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
So the spindles, what changed there? Just lighter? They talk about a change in geometry but never truly say. Taller shorter, cambered forward, back... Thank you
Dan

The "new" ski doo spindle is snake oil, there is nothing new about it and all of the "geometry" changes with the ski they talk about do not exist and the "new" ski rubber is exactly the same as the old one.
The expert spindle is exactly the same as the standard spindle in geometry, it is just a little bit lighter weight.

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
The "new" ski doo spindle is snake oil, there is nothing new about it and all of the "geometry" changes with the ski they talk about do not exist and the "new" ski rubber is exactly the same as the old one.
The expert spindle is exactly the same as the standard spindle in geometry, it is just a little bit lighter weight.
I know you are trying to sell your spindles and I am sure they are awesome, however, not sure where you get the snake oil from, it is true the geometry of the spindle never changed, it was a mistake passed on from one person to many that then got pushed out, the spindle is lighter and also is changed from the 2017-2019 where it meets the ski rubber it has a design change to reflect the new ski rubber. And on that note the Ski-Rubber is different, you can feel it in the ride and the way it works but we will wait till we see riders on real snow with them to hear the talk. I am not sure if you work for ZRP but if you do it is quite sad that you feel you have to belittle other products to make your seem better, this more shows you may not believe fully in your product, rather than making it look better?!. Like I said ZRP makes great products, like many great companies out there including ski-doo. If you feel swindled by the New Spindle an ski rubbers then most certainly return them, however they make a great difference and are cheaper than what one spindle use to cost. As I sad in another spindle forum, the sadest part of many of these sub forums is the fact that people can not stick to the facts, instead they just see an opportunity to belittle others. Any surprise why we are losing riding areas? While you blame each other for which political party you stand with, kind of makes us look like 9 years olds who can't even play in our own sandbox. Happy Riding!

SNOBI-WAN-KENOBI

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
North Bend,Washington
I know you are trying to sell your spindles and I am sure they are awesome, however, not sure where you get the snake oil from, it is true the geometry of the spindle never changed, it was a mistake passed on from one person to many that then got pushed out, the spindle is lighter and also is changed from the 2017-2019 where it meets the ski rubber it has a design change to reflect the new ski rubber. And on that note the Ski-Rubber is different, you can feel it in the ride and the way it works but we will wait till we see riders on real snow with them to hear the talk. I am not sure if you work for ZRP but if you do it is quite sad that you feel you have to belittle other products to make your seem better, this more shows you may not believe fully in your product, rather than making it look better?!. Like I said ZRP makes great products, like many great companies out there including ski-doo. If you feel swindled by the New Spindle an ski rubbers then most certainly return them, however they make a great difference and are cheaper than what one spindle use to cost. As I sad in another spindle forum, the sadest part of many of these sub forums is the fact that people can not stick to the facts, instead they just see an opportunity to belittle others. Any surprise why we are losing riding areas? While you blame each other for which political party you stand with, kind of makes us look like 9 years olds who can't even play in our own sandbox. Happy Riding!
I just installed the lightweight spindles and 2020 Manta Green skis on my 17 850....What a difference! Can't wait to hit the POW!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
ZRP., this is the second time you have posted the same thing and both times you were corrected. The spindles are not snake oil but as Norona already explained in a different post and now this one, the geometry changes didn't happen, even though some information was spread that they were different. The spindles are lighter, although not much, and the ski rubbers are most definitely different.

I think the better approach would be to discuss the benefits of your spindles or differences but not make statements that aren't true or that seem to degrade another product. Be a responsible company.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
ZRP., this is the second time you have posted the same thing and both times you were corrected. The spindles are not snake oil but as Norona already explained in a different post and now this one, the geometry changes didn't happen, even though some information was spread that they were different. The spindles are lighter, although not much, and the ski rubbers are most definitely different.

I think the better approach would be to discuss the benefits of your spindles or differences but not make statements that aren't true or that seem to degrade another product. Be a responsible company.
The spindles are "snake oil"... The only difference that actually matters is the ski-rubber.. Thats like durapro selling you their rubber and a spindle like you already have and saying "Our kit will help you sidehill".... sure it will, but I don't need the stinkin spindle, I just need the rubber!! Ski-doo marketing at its best.. Gotta love it! haha.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I went to several of the events, and spoke with multiple BRP people who also were pushing the geometry change on the spindle, and until recently that was my understanding. I would guess I am not alone.

Yes it had to have started with one person telling someone else, but for me that was several people that work for BRP.

But I am sure it was only one person..

Lightweight alloy spindle with revised geometry and new ski stopper to reduce ski drag and improve predictability in technical sidehills.
Oh look
A More Aggressive Spindle This one is ironic, you do you.

With the new geometry. This one has been mentioned.

But ya let's call people out for being unprofessional.

Premium Features