• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 new spindles information

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
Has anyone installed the spindles How is the rubber stoppers. Have they improved them or should a guy keep using the aftermarket durapro ones. Can a person modify the durapro s to work.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
It's sooooo easy to initiate a side hill on a Gen 4 if these make it a little harder but provide the improvements they claim it will be well worth it. They claim less feedback on ruts and also eliminates the ski from wanting to point up which caused the track to wash out...

Might be the biggest reason I left Ski-doo in 2013. I could not handle the flighty handling in challenging conditions. The Polaris is more work but predictable. If this fixes them I would be interested in trying one again.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
The Munster ski bushing savers essentially did the same for the ski not tipping up.

The combination of better suspension calibration, different spindle and bushing is part of the package to promote better handling characteristics.
That being said, there is still room for improvements. Getting rid of the flexedge track, and the tmotion would be a help and a step in the right direction.
I really hope there is no major chassis change for the next few years and I think arctic cat and its alpha is onto the next generation of rear skids.
Why is it I have more confidence on a alpha in the trees, than my own G4 thats setup like a expert minus the shorter tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Okay called my Dealer in Colorado … they don't know … how do you order them? has anyone ordered them?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
It would be huge if this setup helps with the darty/twitchy/dancey front end as well as the sled wanting to go up hill while sidehilling, those are with out a doubt my biggest complaints on the Doo.

ebnewbie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2019
we ordered ours from clems in Enemclaw WA. the date keeps getting pushed back. was to be here already, but now late October is the date we just reveived.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Okay it isn't hard to find the spindle kit in the catalog.

1569799600797.png

In the kit comes new spindles and new ski rubbers.

For those looking to put the new front end on 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Summit (except 2020 expert and 2020 freeride which come from the factory with the kit)... I am curious how important it is to also order the new ski which is supposed to work in tandem with the new spindle kit.

I own a 2018 Summit and I would be looking to purchase this kit but how effective are the new spindles/rubbers if you do not purchase the new ski? Scroll further down in the catalog and you will see the DS-3 skis are *NEW*

I am almost certain the *NEW* skis are meant to match the new spindle kit. Though the new skis are going to have to work with the old spindles and the new spindle kit is going to have to work with the old skis.

FWD to 4:25 of this video indicating "a few changes made to the skis"

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
He didn’t talk about the ski at all actually, stiffer ski bushing will help the ski as well.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
He didn’t talk about the ski at all actually, stiffer ski bushing will help the ski as well.

You mustn't have forwarded to 4:25 like I said.. He does indeed talk about the ski when he says "a few changes made to the ski"

Sure he didn't explain the changes but you can't say "He didn't talk about the ski at all actually" because he indeed mentioned there have been a few changes which explains why there is a new P/N for the DS-3 skis in the 2020 catalog.

If one does not trust what Ski-doo claims about the new ski/stopper/spindle design, well you'll have to go without it or help me understand how important it is that we also update our skis so we can prove it to ourselves whether or not the new design works.

I personally believe what they say about the new design. I don't care to prove them right or wrong I just want the benefits because it has sometimes been an issue for me while riding. I feel it is one of those things where if you don't make all the changes, you won't reap the full benefits.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Ok he mentioned a ski was on the new spindle. Lol, but not a mention of the difference in the ski.
Now carefully listen to what he said, he talked about the ski tipping up causing the sled to wash out. Solution to said problem. 1 prevent the ski from doing that with a stiffer bushing, or a munster ski bushing saver.
Is spending money on the new spindle and ski going to change your world that much. After pricing out the kit nope I dont think so.

So this vid come out showing the actual difference in the ski movement.

I watch the vid and tryed that with my own 2019 SP, with a Munster ski bushing saver installed. I had less movement than the expert in the vid. Unfortunately I don’t believe after doing my own test, that there is cheaper alternatives than what doo is offering. Ive had no issues with my sled washing out on a sidehill. The tmotion still needs to go tho, this sled does not need it.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I see a typo in my other post but cannot figure out how to edit it.

I do see a cheaper alternative to the spindle kit. Not I dont. Sorry.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Talking about the ski, the way I read it is about the only difference in the ski is that it accepts the new stoppers. I bet if you are handy at all one could modify the older DS3 to do the same thing. I'm sure Skidoo would love to have everyone buy a new set of skis too.

Jon

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
What Dave doesn’t talk about, that Rasmussen talks about in another video I watched, was how the ski is able to bend down more and follow the contour of the slope better, which is more like the Axys front end set up from what I understand.

Premium Features