• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 KHAOS 800 uncurable bog..

M
Feb 26, 2020
Hey guys, I’ll try and just get to the point here first post and add abit more info later, I just got off a 8 day shift of 16.5hr days so I might miss a few details.

BEFORE ANYONE says “use the search function”. I just don’t have the time in a day to read through 1000’s of posts about problems that aren’t specific to mine, sorry. And I don’t have the **** to do a “leak test before posting”, thats what I bought a new sled with warranty for, and thats what these forums are for..

I just bought a 2020 Khaos 800, and Im having bog issues. It has 260ish miles on it and Im new to polaris, and didnt know how hard it should pull and stuff, bla bla bla. Finally i started trying to pull skiis like I can on my Doo’s and it just wouldnt wheelie, period. So i adjusted shocks, tryed everything, then realised there was a bog when you clamped on it hard, like enough to mess up your weight transfer. It feels good if you roll into the power abit slower but as soon as your aggressive with the throttle its bog. So anyways took it back to the dealer and they have had it for 10 days, and have no idea what is going on with it.

Im pretty furious because they just started changing parts like mad men, parts list includes tank, fuel pump, checked tps, clutches, plugs, (looked good) belt, pipe, can, power valves, reflashes, chasing wiring, etc etc. Now i dont have a brand new sled anymore i have a molested peice of **** put back together by an underpaid mechanic in a rush..

Im supposed to go riding tomorrow and I’m going to hold up the whole group waiting for the dealership to open to hopefully get a demo to ride and it better be for free.. My buddy wouldn’t leave me alone about coming to ride my sled he was so excited to try out a khaos, and was lookin to buy one seeing as hes on a 15 pro, and literally his first feedback was “man, this thing sucks, I thought they were supposed to beable to wheelie...”

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

A

Alaskanparret

Nov 25, 2011
Hey guys, I’ll try and just get to the point here first post and add abit more info later, I just got off a 8 day shift of 16.5hr days so I might miss a few details.

BEFORE ANYONE says “use the search function”. I just don’t have the time in a day to read through 1000’s of posts about problems that aren’t specific to mine, sorry. And I don’t have the **** to do a “leak test before posting”, thats what I bought a new sled with warranty for, and thats what these forums are for..

I just bought a 2020 Khaos 800, and Im having bog issues. It has 260ish miles on it and Im new to polaris, and didnt know how hard it should pull and stuff, bla bla bla. Finally i started trying to pull skiis like I can on my Doo’s and it just wouldnt wheelie, period. So i adjusted shocks, tryed everything, then realised there was a bog when you clamped on it hard, like enough to mess up your weight transfer. It feels good if you roll into the power abit slower but as soon as your aggressive with the throttle its bog. So anyways took it back to the dealer and they have had it for 10 days, and have no idea what is going on with it.

Im pretty furious because they just started changing parts like mad men, parts list includes tank, fuel pump, checked tps, clutches, plugs, (looked good) belt, pipe, can, power valves, reflashes, chasing wiring, etc etc. Now i dont have a brand new sled anymore i have a molested peice of **** put back together by an underpaid mechanic in a rush..

Im supposed to go riding tomorrow and I’m going to hold up the whole group waiting for the dealership to open to hopefully get a demo to ride and it better be for free.. My buddy wouldn’t leave me alone about coming to ride my sled he was so excited to try out a khaos, and was lookin to buy one seeing as hes on a 15 pro, and literally his first feedback was “man, this thing sucks, I thought they were supposed to beable to wheelie...”

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

So let me get this straight. It’s been at the dealer, they’ve plugged it into the computer that tells them any codes it’s thrown, they have even changed many parts free of cost to you, but you are still unhappy...

I work at a dealer and yours sounds like it is going above and beyond the normal call to get your sled running right. What more do you want them to do? I understand you are frustrated but they are literally trying to trouble shoot a problem for you.

If you are that unhappy I am sure the local ski doo dealer would love to take your cash even if it is another 5k more for a ski doo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

M
Feb 26, 2020
So let me get this straight. It’s been at the dealer, they’ve plugged it into the computer that tells them any codes it’s thrown, they have even changed many parts free of cost to you, but you are still unhappy...

I work at a dealer and yours sounds like it is going above and beyond the normal call to get your sled running right. What more do you want them to do? I understand you are frustrated but they are literally trying to trouble shoot a problem for you.

If you are that unhappy I am sure the local ski doo dealer would love to take your cash even if it is another 5k more for a ski doo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its not throwing any codes, its been in there for almost 10 days. I finally bought a brand new sled for reliability, and i was hoping soooooooo badddddd i made the right choice trying out a polaris and I’ll be honest I absolutly love riding the thing but the 5k more isnt so bad if your not making payments on a sled you cant ride..

The real point of this topic isnt to bitch about the dealer or the sled, but mainly to find out if anyone else has had a problem like this and if so id like to know what it was so i can get it out sooner. Thats all.

Seeing as you work at a dealer do you have any real input? Ever seen this happen?

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
If you want to put your feet on the back of the running boards and wheelie on the flat exchange that thing at the doo dealership

No explanation of when it bogs or what it does. Is it rpm specific? Speed? Any sort of pattern?

Not sure how you will get more help without providing details. The easy stuff have probably already been checked/swaped by the dealer

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
First thing I would do is bypass or replace the TSS.

For whatever reason this is something dealers overlook, and quite often they cause issues.

M
Feb 26, 2020
Update: The dealship is “deeming it unsafe to ride” They have another Khaos sitting there beside it and have literally swapped everything you can swap off of it. Everything that has to do with the motor, except reed valves and injectors which they are doing as I write this. Next step is to pull the engine and replace it. I absolutley LOVE THIS SLED but at this point I’m not sure I even want it anymore.. They said they will be in talks with polaris if this doesn’t cure it and an option might be to just give it back if they dont want to swap engines..

I should have explained the bog alittle more in detail, sorry I have been busy last couple days. When you grab a handfull of throttle it will pick up pretty snappy, enough to start lifting the skiis out of the snow and then BLAAAAA, enough to screw up your balance and drop skiis completely, thats why I cant tell what rpm’s its cutting out at because I cant see when I’m getting tossed forward and fighting momentum two different ways real quick. Once it pulls outta that bog it will run up to optimal rpm’s and run good up top too.

What would you guys do? This dealer has been awesome, gave me a demo the other day to take out which I had a ton of fun on (20 pro 163” 800). The mechanic is taking it personal at this point to get it figured out but i mean a lemon is a lemon and its just been tampered with so much now.. but im on days off and would rather be riding that thing or going ice fishing instead of cleaning up melting dogshit in the yard waiting for my sled to be fixed.

When I say I want to beable to wheelie I just mean it would be great to beable to pull skiis when you wanna have fun, and bounce around in some meadows. Not ride the bumper all day long..

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
... have they switched or bypassed the TSS?

It sounds like they are doing a good job trying to get you taken care of. I don’t think it would be out of line to request a new sled if they have a similar model on the floor and continue to have issues figuring yours out. Don’t be an azz but make sure they understand that a new sled should run, and if it doesn’t they need to find a solution sooner than later, our season is short enough already.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Update: The dealship is “deeming it unsafe to ride” They have another Khaos sitting there beside it and have literally swapped everything you can swap off of it. Everything that has to do with the motor, except reed valves and injectors which they are doing as I write this. Next step is to pull the engine and replace it. I absolutley LOVE THIS SLED but at this point I’m not sure I even want it anymore.. They said they will be in talks with polaris if this doesn’t cure it and an option might be to just give it back if they dont want to swap engines..

I should have explained the bog alittle more in detail, sorry I have been busy last couple days. When you grab a handfull of throttle it will pick up pretty snappy, enough to start lifting the skiis out of the snow and then BLAAAAA, enough to screw up your balance and drop skiis completely, thats why I cant tell what rpm’s its cutting out at because I cant see when I’m getting tossed forward and fighting momentum two different ways real quick. Once it pulls outta that bog it will run up to optimal rpm’s and run good up top too.

What would you guys do? This dealer has been awesome, gave me a demo the other day to take out which I had a ton of fun on (20 pro 163” 800). The mechanic is taking it personal at this point to get it figured out but i mean a lemon is a lemon and its just been tampered with so much now.. but im on days off and would rather be riding that thing or going ice fishing instead of cleaning up melting dogshit in the yard waiting for my sled to be fixed.

When I say I want to beable to wheelie I just mean it would be great to beable to pull skiis when you wanna have fun, and bounce around in some meadows. Not ride the bumper all day long..

Bypass the tss.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Nobody asked the dumb question.. How about bad fuel?

Water in the tank goes right to the bottom and will make you pull your hair out troubleshooting. Drain gas into a clear container and let separate. Just a thought as this has got me before.

M
Feb 26, 2020
Nobody asked the dumb question.. How about bad fuel?

Water in the tank goes right to the bottom and will make you pull your hair out troubleshooting. Drain gas into a clear container and let separate. Just a thought as this has got me before.

They tested the fuel, swaped the tank, fuel lines, fuel pump, everything that had to do with the engine.

UPDATE: They have given up, they have changed everything to do with the engine.. We will see how this pans out from here on out. They have deemed it unsafe to ride and can no longer fix it other than an engine swap which polaris has to approve. Will let you know how this turns out.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yes, I would check and double check with them that they have replaced the throttle safety switch (TSS).

M
Feb 26, 2020
They most certainly have by-passed the TSS, I was talking to the guys out front while he was doing it. Thanks for the input guys, I’m dying to know what the actual problem is. The case manager I deal with at polaris is an absolute cull. Its been over 3 weeks and I get 3 rides on a demo.. Now that every nut and bolt has been turned I don’t want this sled anymore I’m pushing for another one.. I’m soooooo disappointed finally bought a new sled, and I’m stuck barely being able to ride..

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
They most certainly have by-passed the TSS, I was talking to the guys out front while he was doing it. Thanks for the input guys, I’m dying to know what the actual problem is. The case manager I deal with at polaris is an absolute cull. Its been over 3 weeks and I get 3 rides on a demo.. Now that every nut and bolt has been turned I don’t want this sled anymore I’m pushing for another one.. I’m soooooo disappointed finally bought a new sled, and I’m stuck barely being able to ride..

have they changed the EV cable?
(That doesn’t throw a code)

Premium Features