• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Hardcore Coil Over Spring Replacement?

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
I bought the Stingray Mods Spring through RacinStation for my FTS, everyone knows the issues with the stock ones, but wondering if anyone else has tried any other aftermarket spring kits in their sleds for the other shocks and if they're worth it. I saw Zbroz just debuted their double rate spring with the collar for the ski shocks, but I don't plan to run that setup based on what I've heard from other riders on the walker shocks and the collar issues damaging the shock housing.

Are the Raptor TRS springs compatible with the Fox 1.5s? I run these on my Axys and have enjoyed them. Assuming they're different dimensions, anyone know if Raptor has any plans for a Alpha kit?

Any other options?

Rinker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
CO
I'm not sure about other spring options but I did put the Stingray spring on the front skid shock from Eric and it made a big difference on handling. No trenching either- which i was concerned with. I am running the Elevate kit and think it adds more ski pressure as well. I left the other springs in the stock setting. I cranked them up 3 turns on the front and rear shock but did not like the handling- per IceAge recommendation. Too stiff for me. Really like the handling of the Alpha now- compared to the weaker front skid spring that came stock with the machine.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
I'm not sure about other spring options but I did put the Stingray spring on the front skid shock from Eric and it made a big difference on handling. No trenching either- which i was concerned with. I am running the Elevate kit and think it adds more ski pressure as well. I left the other springs in the stock setting. I cranked them up 3 turns on the front and rear shock but did not like the handling- per IceAge recommendation. Too stiff for me. Really like the handling of the Alpha now- compared to the weaker front skid spring that came stock with the machine.

Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. Just with hand pressure, the initial pressure to compress the spring seemed fairly similar which is nice that it’s not crazy stiff on the initial. See pics for what I found when I switched springs. FTS spring is rubbing on the reservoir body and rubbing through it. I cranked it down more than from factory for preload but what a joke. Another pic of my front left ski shock starting to do the same. Haven’t touched preload on that one. Way annoying! Definitely want to find an aftermarket option for the other springs now.
bb54f9739ff86241fd000529c8d0cd55.jpg
4c7db13346d1eeb358404bb6f839e580.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features