• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 G4 turbo vs 2019 Alpha

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Excellent video, I must say at 5500 ft not a lot of difference, and thats interesting based on your going from a 850CC to 800, and boosted to make sure it's close to advertised hp lol.

skiutahcabin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 6, 2012
Timber Lakes Utah
Point those two up a hill with 18” of powder at 8,000 feet and see what happens. That’s the true comparison
We did that last year, stock Alpha vs Doo850 (non turbo) vs. stock Patriot 850 in 16" pow, flat start into grade and the results were really surprising. Every time the Alpha hooked up out of the start faster. On the climb there was little difference, most of the time it was dead even with the Alpha maintaining the lead. I don't know how it hooks up clearly better- I'm not a brand loyal guy, not trying to prove anything, We did this different days, various power conditions at 8-10,000ft. Same.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
We did that last year, stock Alpha vs Doo850 (non turbo) vs. stock Patriot 850 in 16" pow, flat start into grade and the results were really surprising. Every time the Alpha hooked up out of the start faster. On the climb there was little difference, most of the time it was dead even with the Alpha maintaining the lead. I don't know how it hooks up clearly better- I'm not a brand loyal guy, not trying to prove anything, We did this different days, various power conditions at 8-10,000ft. Same.

We did the same test last year with no run at the slope, all fresh but run one at a time, alpha and Doo were pretty well equal in climbing height, the Patriot, was unstoppable and blew over the top like nothing, the Doo riders comment was , the Patriot is like a tractor, just goes. I ride with a alpha with a tki drive system and he still can't touch a 2.6 patriot.
Patriots are quick and fast.
Iv been riding with a tbo Doo, but he's a poser rider, gets stuck everywhere, so he's not a good fair comparison.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The alpha gets better traction in some situations but it and the doo trench a little. The poo 850 just gets on the snow and goes. I ride all 3 everytime we go out. I like them all and even though my buddy's 163 kaos is a weapon in the trees, the alpha fun factor is way above the others.

Premium Features