• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Expert Cooling

W
Dec 7, 2017
Silt, CO
I bought a 2020 Expert 154 and got to run it for the first time this weekend. First day was fairly low snow, second day had another 10"-12" on top of that.
I didn't buy the snow flap, wanted to run it first and see. There was a pretty good amount of cruising trails and dipping off into rock free areas to play now and then. I had the scratchers down the entire time.

I never saw a temp over 135, and that was going super slow on a small trail with only 8" of snow on it. Most times down the trail was 105-110, playing in the fluff it never went over 120.

We'll see as the season goes on, but I was pleasantly surprised how cool this sled stayed.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
I bought a 2020 Expert 154 and got to run it for the first time this weekend. First day was fairly low snow, second day had another 10"-12" on top of that.
I didn't buy the snow flap, wanted to run it first and see. There was a pretty good amount of cruising trails and dipping off into rock free areas to play now and then. I had the scratchers down the entire time.

I never saw a temp over 135, and that was going super slow on a small trail with only 8" of snow on it. Most times down the trail was 105-110, playing in the fluff it never went over 120.

We'll see as the season goes on, but I was pleasantly surprised how cool this sled stayed.
Was contemplating your plan, run it first, but was still up in the air. I don't run a ton of trails so will def now wait on buying.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

801_FuNk_801

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2008
Ogden, Ut
I got mine up to 148 yesterday. I was so excited to leave the parking lot that I forgot to deploy scratchers. Scratchers down, never went over 115 the rest of the day and stayed in the 108-114 range off trail.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I hit 158 with scratchers down. The trail wasn’t even icy. What is a dangerous temperature to reach?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I don't know what they did this year, but they cool way better than last. Anyone notice how long they take to warm up? Mine has timed out and shut off before actually getting to "operating" temp. (I consider two bars to be rip ready.) Ripping across the lake in low/frozen snow, it just takes 15-30 seconds of heel dragging to go from 4 back down to 2-3 bars.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Only time I have went over 4 bars is on a super bumped out trail at the end of the day going to slow. Any time I can cruise 25-35 mph or keep a consistent speed with scratchers I’m at 2-3 bars.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I don't know what they did this year, but they cool way better than last. Anyone notice how long they take to warm up? Mine has timed out and shut off before actually getting to "operating" temp. (I consider two bars to be rip ready.) Ripping across the lake in low/frozen snow, it just takes 15-30 seconds of heel dragging to go from 4 back down to 2-3 bars.

Not accurate, You could be on two bars and the stat hasn’t opened yet. Be cautious about jumping on the sled without having a warm heat exchanger.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
I start and just let it idle until it shuts off or beeps while I get dressed

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I noticed the reservoir cap wasn’t all the way closed. Loosened it and it had pressure in it. Closed it correctly, and today all was good. Never seen it above 120’s.

J

jph3

Dec 6, 2007
Edwards co
Mine would stick at 98* for a long time while warming up. I ended up burping it as well, and now it seems normal.

Either way, posted in another thread but my temps have been significantly lower than the ‘19 I ride with. I was surprised how low the temp sits overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridersride

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2008
North Bend
www.ridersride.com
2020 165 xpert>>Im at 31 on the break in and Ive overheated mine 3 times so far once on Ice road with Strachers down , 2nd, hard pack with a little new snow 3rd time hard pack road after bottomless pow all day .... Not sure why mines so hot and all yours arent. Super fun in deep pow all around fun platform so far..

Premium Features