• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Alpha hardcore coolant leak

J

Jviper

Sep 20, 2015
Edmonton AB
700km mileage. No turbo. Never got it hot. Anyone else see this ? Notice coolant on bottom bolt for Y pipe. Possible a crack in cylinder. Dealers are busy until August or September where I live. E832804B-1BCE-487F-9B5F-6B0D5DBE9787.jpeg

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
If you have a dealer near by and have warranty I'd certainly take it in. Otherwise if your on your own with it I'd remove the Y pipe, and inspect, May need to remove the Stud and use a thread sealant of sort perhaps.

J

Jviper

Sep 20, 2015
Edmonton AB
If you have a dealer near by and have warranty I'd certainly take it in. Otherwise if your on your own with it I'd remove the Y pipe, and inspect, May need to remove the Stud and use a thread sealant of sort perhaps.
Does the stud go into the water jacket ? Seems like it shouldn’t.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Does the stud go into the water jacket ? Seems like it shouldn’t.

I my self don't know. Likely it wouldn't/shouldn't, the threaded holes may be surrounded by the water though but I'm thinking where the end of the hole it certainly would, so if it got drilled a bit too far by accident It could have caused this.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
warranty might not like the aftermarket Y pipe. SSI didnt bother to put a cross brace in like some of the others and the factory did.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
warranty might not like the aftermarket Y pipe. SSI didnt bother to put a cross brace in like some of the others and the factory did.
No cross brace needed, and we are always looking to reduce weight. A lot of little amounts of weight will add up to a lot sometimes. ;)

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
700km mileage. No turbo. Never got it hot. Anyone else see this ? Notice coolant on bottom bolt for Y pipe. Possible a crack in cylinder. Dealers are busy until August or September where I live. View attachment 348889

Likely the base gasket leaking, but certainly rare to see. I did have a brand new Suzuki back in 2016 have a leaky base gasket right out of the crate. So it is possible.

Premium Features