• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 - 2021 Black Hills Snow Conditions

longvalley

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2014
question for snocop. I live in Nebraska. we buy non resident Wyoming tags since they don't recognize Nebraska tags for when we sled in snowy range. my question is I know south Dakota recognizes Nebraska registration but would they recognize our nonresident Wyoming tags if we did not register in Nebraska?

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
question for snocop. I live in Nebraska. we buy non resident Wyoming tags since they don't recognize Nebraska tags for when we sled in snowy range. my question is I know south Dakota recognizes Nebraska registration but would they recognize our nonresident Wyoming tags if we did not register in Nebraska?

No South Dakota only recognizes other states resident registrations not other states non resident permits. Sorry for the delay I have been at Hardy Camp since Thursday and struggling with the internet.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
What are the trails going to be like this weekend after the recent snow?
They should be looking good. Groomers out tonight. 6-12 inches new snow Sunday and Monday and 2-4 last week. Snow is dense and is grooming well. Riding fire trail should be good. Meadows are getting better but risky, Trees are risky. There are a few thin spots and areas the wind has blown off.

longvalley

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2014
thanks for reply and hoping get some more snow up there to come visit. got new sled but don't want to bend stuff first trip out. headed to snowies next week

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Trails north of Trailshead are good. South of Trailshead on Trails 1 and 2 are fine. Snow gets thinner though on Trail 2 as you get close to Trail 9. Trail 9 has no snow in many spots.

For those of you who have trailers and stay in Deadwood, where do you stay/park? I like to stay at the Bullock Hotel but I just got a 2 place trailer and they don't want me parking the trailer there in the future as they have a small parking lot. So I might have to find a new place to stay unless I can find another parking lot nearby to use.

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
Trails north of Trailshead are good. South of Trailshead on Trails 1 and 2 are fine. Snow gets thinner though on Trail 2 as you get close to Trail 9. Trail 9 has no snow in many spots.

For those of you who have trailers and stay in Deadwood, where do you stay/park? I like to stay at the Bullock Hotel but I just got a 2 place trailer and they don't want me parking the trailer there in the future as they have a small parking lot. So I might have to find a new place to stay unless I can find another parking lot nearby to use.
The big lot to the south east of Cadillac jacks is free parking. We have often parked there when staying there or at the Hampton.

sledslayer

Lifetime Membership
Apr 13, 2011

I usually stay at Comfort Inn or Deadwood Gultch. Can park trailers at both places.

F
Jan 18, 2008
Pagosa Springs CO
Appreciate the updates cop. Hoping to do some off trail yet this year, but after going 3 years in a row with too little snow and totaling a brand new sled and wrecking the others I will wait until there is a good 3-4 ft off trail. Just too much stuff to hit out there.

Appreciate the updates!

Premium Features