• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Yamaha Snoscoot

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
Bought one a week ago, daughter has put 100 miles on it so far, all mtn riding. I'm very impressed where this thing will go and daughter is loving it. She is able to learn and practice the skills to become a great mtn rider. Wish all of the mfgs would build kids sleds, not only this size, but one size bigger too.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Thanks

Thanks for the review man. More people really need to know that if you want your kid to actually learn how to ride, and not just how to steer around a great big behemoth, these snoscoots are absolutely awesome for teaching kids the basic skills of really maneuvering a snowmobile. I'm glad you're loving it like me.

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bought one a week ago, daughter has put 100 miles on it so far, all mtn riding. I'm very impressed where this thing will go and daughter is loving it. She is able to learn and practice the skills to become a great mtn rider. Wish all of the mfgs would build kids sleds, not only this size, but one size bigger too.
How old is your Daughter, just trying to decide what size sleds are best for my girls.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
How old is your Daughter, just trying to decide what size sleds are best for my girls.

My son was 7 when he got his, and it was perfect (obligatory could use 10 more hp and 5" more track). His 5 year old brother and sister also rode it, and it worked just fine for them (once they learned a little caution...)
I would say it would work fine for many kids up to around 10, but they're going to be wanting more around 8 or 9.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
My youngest just turned 8. He has been around sleds since he was 3, riding with me, and riding his 120 Polaris for the past 3 winters.

I have a 2020 Cat/Scoot coming. I almost ordered one last year, and I’m glad I didn’t. We ride terrain that is plenty challenging on a 120 and the extra season pounding through the trees was really good for him, still making mistakes but less of them and less consequences when he did. In an open area like on the lake he found it boring a couple years back but it’s cool to see how far his riding advanced as the terrain got more difficult. Spent lots of time practicing avy searches too but that’s another story.

Back to topic tho, I’m super stoked to get him on the new sled, and he is super excited too. It’s at the dealer now (I haven’t told him yet) and I can’t wait to watch his riding advance with more track and power. Not to mention E-start and hand warmers. Will post updates here.

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
Picked up a 2019 last fall for my daughter and we absolutely love it, she can actually have some fun on it, unlike her 120. Has about the right amount of power for her at 7 but I'm sure by 8 or 9 she'll be saying it's too slow. It does pretty good in most snow conditions around home, again, unlike the 120 which was stuck everywhere. It was a pretty big investment but really no other option for a kid this size and I'm really happy with it. All her friends and nieces ride the crap out of it and it hasn't missed a beat. Plus with electric start and a battery, you can throw some rock lights on it and make glow.

Attachments

• D sled.jpg
    D sled.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 26
  • blue 2.jpg
    blue 2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 26
  • blue1.jpg
    blue1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 24
Premium Features