• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Summit 600 Gen 4 Reports

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The spindles are a few degrees forward , straighter more vertical . It appeared to have made the front end a little more sensitive , I fell over is what caught my attention . I was using the Munster ski stiffeners on the 19 spindles and stayed with them on the 20 spindles . The ski is a lot harder to get the bolt threw on the newer spindles , the newer spindles also have a different rubber bushing . They are very noticeable just by picking up the ski on a sled that does and doesn't have them , a lot more resistance to flexing . There really is no need to counter steer anymore , body english does the carving and at a much faster pace .

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
The spindles are a few degrees forward , straighter more vertical . It appeared to have made the front end a little more sensitive , I fell over is what caught my attention . I was using the Munster ski stiffeners on the 19 spindles and stayed with them on the 20 spindles . The ski is a lot harder to get the bolt threw on the newer spindles , the newer spindles also have a different rubber bushing . They are very noticeable just by picking up the ski on a sled that does and doesn't have them , a lot more resistance to flexing . There really is no need to counter steer anymore , body english does the carving and at a much faster pace .

“Made the front end a little more sensitive”. Did you mean to say LESS sensitive? I find my Axys tracks more predictably and I’m more confident on tracked up side hills, or even untracked areas for that matter. The front end of my 2019 600 Summit feels a little nervous and twitchy and I’m looking for some things to try.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Maybe it is less sensitive and that's the reason why I fell over . I wouldn't be able to compare an Axys to a G4 , they are so different . I tossed the spindles , so much for a photo comparison , figured they weren't worth the hassle of peddling .

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
I have 2 600R Summits, 1 Is a 154x3 and the other was a 154x2.5 that I converted to a 165x3 with the Expert rear tunnel end cap and plastic extension, 2020 Expert spindles.
Both are a blast to ride once properly set up. 8100-8200 on both 8500ft and up.

Premium Features