• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

2019 SKS snow flap

It is quite long and IMO hampers deep snow riding and I have already broken one,.. replaced on warranty. I have no overheating on the trails I have to ride in on,.. I was thinking of maybe cutting it down like I did on my XM, or using a piece of rubber to replace how it mounts to the tunnel so I can tie it up.

Ideas?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
It is quite long and IMO hampers deep snow riding and I have already broken one,.. replaced on warranty. I have no overheating on the trails I have to ride in on,.. I was thinking of maybe cutting it down like I did on my XM, or using a piece of rubber to replace how it mounts to the tunnel so I can tie it up.

Ideas?
cut the whole thing off.

not needed.

gets you stuck when trenching anyways.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Didn't want to cut it off because it would spray behind me when on the trail ride in/out,.. Was thinking of the rubber mount, then I could fold it up through my bumper when off trail.

Will have a look at the Edmonton sled show this weekend.
If you can't find one we do ship to Canada.

sledhed

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I like the detachable design Skidoo has, if someone came out with a similar design for other brands I bet it would sell well... I'd buy one...

Nov 29, 2008
I like the detachable design Skidoo has, if someone came out with a similar design for other brands I bet it would sell well... I'd buy one...
Thinking the same thing ...you can buy the linq latches about $30 Cdn per set. Like the idea of being able to take it on and off. Supprised too that no one has done it ....would be a great accessorie.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2008
Decided to try something ....just trying to work out storing it on the tunnel ...straps keep it nice and snug on the bracket ....

Nov 29, 2008
Straps were tight when stationary but with snow hitting the flap it would slip off the edge that keeps it down. Going to try another way.

Nov 29, 2008
1/4 turns might do but trying to find the right size is a pita ... Had some on hand but were too short.
Thinking a bolt with a nob handle and rivet in an insert where the rivet goes.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Premium Features