• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Hay Days Sept. 7th & 8th.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Mmmmm weak American draft beer. Haha.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I'll be there. I'll probably be the only one walking around with a snowest hat on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
What a chit show. Got in line Friday at 7AM.... did not get parked till 1PM. Tried to leave today around 3:30, the line was at a standstill for almost an hour, we ended up finding another route out, but did not get a form for the early swap site purchase option for 2020... which is the only reason we stayed till after 3.

Seems like each year there are less and less good deals on stuff. Just wasn’t finding much for bargains.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
The parking was a bad deal. We got there, we thought at a good time followed the map for parking picked an area. Drove in on those roads . It took over an hour to get in. Some workers were talking on the rode side. They were saying how lots were filling up and it was show goers faults for not using other lots. They were trying to figure out how to get the word out for parking however just sat there more less complaining about how it was show goers faults for the trouble. I parked in the $50 lot for the weekend it was close and worth it. My wife and I got rides most of the way and got picked up with stuff we bought. The show and grounds was great I loved it. I got some deals on stuff I was looking for. They’re was a lot of digging involved to find those deals. Overall really enjoyed it and will be back. The parking needs fixing somehow and the cell service. Cash is king also my best advice show cash and you can get what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dboe03

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2014
Fargo, ND
I just don't feel the deals are worth the $30 admission and $15 parking. You can find better stuff online for at least the same price. Also, the swap meet stuff its pretty hard to find that diamond in the rough. I live close enough that it isn't a big deal for me if I go in the future or not, but no way would I justify driving from more than a couple hours away. At the least, I did find the sizing and options so now I will be waiting for the deals to pop up online. Just don't like the thought of spending $45 to shop the MSRP pricing at the vendor tents.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
They charge $50 for parking alone? Wow the new Sturgis!
Not all spots are $50.00. Most spots that are close are $15 a day. I arrived there a little before 7am and received a great spot about 100 yards from the entrance gate. The entrance fees have increased but so has the cost of business. People complaining about not finding the good deals just are not looking hard enough or are trying to find the pricing they paid for parts 10 years ago. When sleds cost $15,000+ new the cost of parts are going to be higher. I found some great deals.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Not all spots are $50.00. Most spots that are close are $15 a day. I arrived there a little before 7am and received a great spot about 100 yards from the entrance gate. The entrance fees have increased but so has the cost of business. People complaining about not finding the good deals just are not looking hard enough or are trying to find the pricing they paid for parts 10 years ago. When sleds cost $15,000+ new the cost of parts are going to be higher. I found some great deals.

Did plenty of looking! Things have changed. Dont get me wrong, there were deals but few and far between. Mostly insulated stuff in XS or 3XL+. 509 had some good deals... Klim not so much, FXR blows... didnt bother lookin.

Saturday was WEDGED.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Over head pictures of haydays this year. The area with the red line through it was the swap area. So one can see why it takes for ever to get into the swap area on Friday. Each swapper needs to check in on Friday.
8b754261a0f692d9436c699644e13118.jpg
ef46b79f51c3744276b277efa6004b88.jpg

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, I showed up at 3AM Friday to park for the swap, and there was already a line about a quarter mile long. Sold a ton of Doo parts, however, next year I'm coming loaded with G4 stuff. It was hot seller, and I was pretty much sold out of it on Friday. IMO it's almost too big, the swap area that is, for a two day event. Need to seriuosly consider upping it to three days. A weekend event was probably fine ten years ago, but many today either work 4 day work weeks, or find a way to weasel out of work on Fridays. Three days you could comfortably make the rounds. Good times, but my God I-35 what an F'N nightmare

Premium Features