• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Alpha Silber Turbo - what boost?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Hi, tested my Alpha with the Silber turbo kit the other day, and man am i impressed! Runs clean, starts and idles fine, and pulls hard when on boost.
Only have to install heavier clutch weights, the 60-80gram weights i recevied with the kit is to light. 5-6psi boost now and pulling the 80grams straigth to the rpm limiter.

But, what boost limit does the stock Arctic Cat injectors have? Will they run out of fuel if i adjust the boost up to 9-10psi?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I'm very happy with just 6 psi at this point

did the remote re flash yesterday from Justin only took 3 minutes :) we will see what the new map is like tomorrow!

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Wow, if that is true on stock injectors, im impressed!

I believe 11/12 is max duty cycle on the stock injectors. I'm running my 154" at 5psi seeing 52/53 mph track speed. I've been told by several running 9/10 psi seeing over 80 mph track speed. I believe I'll be gearing down and turning my boost up to try and use more of the primary clutch and get the clutches loaded sooner.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I'm going up on the gears to 2.45 from 2.63 like the softer bottom end and as cool as these clutches run the belt should be able to take it. Worked really good on my 16

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Hi, tested my Alpha with the Silber turbo kit the other day, and man am i impressed! Runs clean, starts and idles fine, and pulls hard when on boost.
Only have to install heavier clutch weights, the 60-80gram weights i recevied with the kit is to light. 5-6psi boost now and pulling the 80grams straigth to the rpm limiter.

But, what boost limit does the stock Arctic Cat injectors have? Will they run out of fuel if i adjust the boost up to 9-10psi?

What elevation?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I believe 11/12 is max duty cycle on the stock injectors. I'm running my 154" at 5psi seeing 52/53 mph track speed. I've been told by several running 9/10 psi seeing over 80 mph track speed. I believe I'll be gearing down and turning my boost up to try and use more of the primary clutch and get the clutches loaded sooner.

At what altitude?

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC

I hit 13.5 psi today 6500ft Koso digi gauge, turned down the boost immediately. 70% av

K
Nov 13, 2013
Squamish BC
I did it on Thursday and got the new map, works very good.

DO you have any low end bog? Mine is terrible, pain in the ass in trees in the deep. I would love to know how to fix this issue. I felt as though the original high idle tune was snappier and new tune is soooo fuel heavy on the low end till your in the boost.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
Ya i agree when is SILBER going to take the time to fix this stupid low end bog seems they dont care about us Cat guys only the polaris and skidoo guys get the no bog turbo systems. I habe been a Boondocker turbo guy seens 2007 and this year i got talkex into a Silber on my alpha and im not impressed with the customer service at all to the point i put a Boondocker on my other alpha this week. Let me say NO BOG with the Boondocker runs spot on so why cant Silber get the bog gone maybe it will take some big name riders change bramds to Arctic cat to get the BOG gone. Hate posting this way but everyone is taking about the bog all are Slber turbos hsve but no one is calling Silber out on it when is the fix coming JUSTIN I WOULD SURE LIKE TO KNOW?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I ran mine at 10lbs for a whole ride. Used 100% 100 octane. It was super fun, but made the low end terrible. 6lbs is where I like to keep it most of the time.

G
Nov 1, 2018
Rode a new map yesterday. My first mapped heavily bogged through 4650 rpm. Rode the new map and it's cleaned up a lot. The bog is still there but its much shorter and not nearly as heavy. Riding the updated map on Tuesday which word on the street from testers is going to be 100% fixed and awesome. If it's true a big shout out to Justin and Silber crew for working through it and getting it dialed in.

Kid Rock

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Steamboat Lake, CO
I'm 7/8 with the waste gate cranked all the way down. I can't get above 8. Do I need a stiffer turbosmart spring?

BTW. Silber said not to go above 8psi for what it's worth. It's a handful @ 8. Love it.

Premium Features