• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 alpha issues

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Yeah, that’s my YouTube, and my work. I do it as a hobby for fun. Since I can’t go big on the sled for the rest of my life, doctors orders. I’ll try make them best of it.

I got my ECU programmed at Arctic edge. Price was a lot. But I freaked out and got myself a jaws pipe set up at the same time so he flashed it for that too.

First day out tomorrow. see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride report please I am considering to do the same to my 20.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Sage crusher how do you like your skinny rail? I guess I’m asking for overall impressions compared to stock?

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Ride report please I am considering to do the same to my 20.

You gotta do his full kit, to get the results. Pulls a lot harder, flash got rid of my issues with high idle.

Running 5 grams extra weight on each, from stock and I’m hitting 8,450 on climbs.

I will say I am not impressed with the jaws pipe kit. The way they choose to insulate from the panels isn’t great, The rubber bumpers on the side panel/clutch guard they have aluminum plates you put on and they bounce directly on the pipe so it rattles and scratches. . The kit didn’t include nearly enough heat tape, no gaskets for the y-pipe, they want you to put two extra springs on the pipe to ypipe. But don’t include them. The angle the pipe exits wasn’t like stock so it isn’t a straight shot down into the can. And the paint is already coming off and I have two rides on the pipe. It rattles and vibrates like crazy, put silicone on the springs. 6,600+ rpm and it is rank noisy.

But, if you are after only. Function, it definitely seems to work.

I also did some lightweight rotating parts to my sled at the same time so keep that in mind as well.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Sage crusher how do you like your skinny rail? I guess I’m asking for overall impressions compared to stock?
Been on my skinny for over a Month now- and it flat out takes the whoops well- sled stays flat- and the ride is K Mod traditional, super smooth. The peace of mind knowing you not going to bend /break a rail is huge when you hitting stuff in the low snow condition's most are having this year. I like the Evol shocks and K Mod has them valved to his specifications and has a jounce bumper built in.
The adjustable coupler works very well on the Alpha- #4 setting keeps skis firmly planted for the big pulls. #1 is really playful and stock like handling... Best part I would say is for the off camber landings the sled won't kick ya sideway any longer- she just stay flat and in control.

Weight wise it's a wash compared to the stock suspension- and as far as carrying snow in the suspension... it's up to par with the stock Monorail
Compared the Stock Monorail vs. the Skinny snow build up coming off a tree riding day, and at the bottom of a hill ... Still Impressive for 2 rails mounted so close together!

Attachments

• Snow In Skinny.jpg
    Snow In Skinny.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Stock Snow.jpg
    Stock Snow.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Skinny no snow.jpg
    Skinny no snow.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 40
I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I was reading back a few post- can someone tell me what the new washer difference on the limit strap is 2019vs.2020?

From what I understand when the front shock collapses the rail can come into contact with the head of the bolt that secures the limiter strap to the cross brace. This washer goes around the head of the bolt an it’s extruded rubber cushions the contact if there is any.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Thanks for the review sage crusher. I have never been a fan of the air shock and that’s what’s kept me away from the skinny rail.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I could see that kmod skinny set up improving track life as well since it lets snow get down into the hifax area to keep things cool/lubed unlike the stock rail.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Another concern is breaking the rods in the track.
Stay out of the jeeps ruts. To much weight in the center, rods can't handle it.

My track has the flex edge feel to it. Lol

Broken injector wires. Luckily i just lost one cylinder at a time so i was able to ride it back to the truck.

Sent it

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Thanks for the review sage crusher. I have never been a fan of the air shock and that’s what’s kept me away from the skinny rail.
The FOX air shocks on the skinny with the EVOL chamber is a HUGE upgrade from air shocks from years past that we have been accustomed to. They are Top Shelf shocks !

Premium Features