• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 alpha issues

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
It’s embarrassing because I’ve put almost 1,500 miles on the sled and still haven’t figured out how to climb straight up following whooped out track. Can manage a lot easier in the trees if I could stop hesitating.

I’m about 195 without gear, I’m 6’3 so centre of gravity is a bit higher. I also run about 25 pounds of camera gear on the tunnel.

What kind of pressures do you guys think I should start with, clearly what I’ve been trying isn’t working for me.

Ordered the Canada sled parts steering bushings.

I’m going to put a through bolt in the rear swing arm.

Put the bumper washer on the front of the skid.

Looking at getting Brent Linderman to tune the ECU and a clutch kit from him.

Curious if anyone has ran the boondocker adjustable weights? Seems appealing to run a weight that you can adjust easily on the hill.

And after this trip I’m getting rid of the long snow flap. Going to cut the flap part off the bottom and rivet it in place. So many times the sled started trenching and the flap prevented the snow from exiting out the back so it cycled it out the front.

How tight are you guys running your tracks? With the sled suspended I tightened it until the clips were half way up between the sliders with no weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
I got Linderman to flash my 19 and it’s unbelievable how much faster it is. I also went with the jaws single pipe. I also recommend dropping the rear skid to the bottom hole in the rear skid to help keep front end down.

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I got Linderman to flash my 19 and it’s unbelievable how much faster it is. I also went with the jaws single pipe. I also recommend dropping the rear skid to the bottom hole in the rear skid to help keep front end down.

Did Brent’s flash get rid of the annoying high idle when you stop, that’s a selling feature for me for sure. If it makes the sled run better then it did before the cat update that’s awesome.

My concern with dropping the rear skid hole one is the ski pressure. Maneuvering the sled with the skis is already difficult enough as it is in comparison to Polaris. I already have arm pump from being stuck so many times and being out of shape still. Lol

T
Jan 13, 2013
It’s embarrassing because I’ve put almost 1,500 miles on the sled and still haven’t figured out how to climb straight up following whooped out track. Can manage a lot easier in the trees if I could stop hesitating.

I’m about 195 without gear, I’m 6’3 so centre of gravity is a bit higher. I also run about 25 pounds of camera gear on the tunnel.

What kind of pressures do you guys think I should start with, clearly what I’ve been trying isn’t working for me.

Curious if anyone has ran the boondocker adjustable weights? Seems appealing to run a weight that you can adjust easily on the hill.

And after this trip I’m getting rid of the long snow flap. Going to cut the flap part off the bottom and rivet it in place. So many times the sled started trenching and the flap prevented the snow from exiting out the back so it cycled it out the front.

How tight are you guys running your tracks? With the sled suspended I tightened it until the clips were half way up between the sliders with no weight.

As far as going straight up and down following tracks im dealing with the same complaints on my 154. I find for foot position if I stand all the way back that the pressure is more on the wheels at the back and not so much on the pivot point on the track and it tends to drive a little straighter. Worth a shot to try

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
X3 on moving rear of skid to lower hole. if skis bite funny its because they are goofy cat skis, i dont care how close to a gripper the keel is they're still goofy :)
cutlers performance center makes weights same profile as stock, easy to adjust without removing. I wouldnt be considering anyones clutch "kit" until your sled pulls 8100 with the stock stuff first. JMO

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta

If I am understanding you right that's way to tight for track adjustment. I set mine to the spec which is 20 lbs of pull @ 2 inches of gap between the inside of the track and the bottom of the hyfax, Measured just below the shock pad on the rail.

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
If I am understanding you right that's way to tight for track adjustment. I set mine to the spec which is 20 lbs of pull @ 2 inches of gap between the inside of the track and the bottom of the hyfax, Measured just below the shock pad on the rail.

I tried the factory specs, and multiple times I have ended up with a clip cutting a gash down right to the rail. Running tighter then spec is the only thing that has saved me from going through sliders. I’m on my 3rd set because of them being cut, not worn out.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I tried the factory specs, and multiple times I have ended up with a clip cutting a gash down right to the rail. Running tighter then spec is the only thing that has saved me from going through sliders. I’m on my 3rd set because of them being cut, not worn out.

I have felt that chatter when the track gets to loose. I just tighten it up a bit and it stops. I then reset it back to spec when i am back home. I have not had to replace any hyfax yet.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
If you drop that rear down one hole it will be trenching, have tried that on a few with not good results. Sucking the front up one hole on the strap will help keeping the skis more planted.

I bought myself a Christmas Present and since then, have had more fun on the Alpha that I ever had. No more ski's in the air ( unless I WANT THEM TO) and FLAT out takes a beating!!!!
The Evol Shocks are a huge Bonus

Skinny 2.jpg Skinny.jpg Skinny Mounted.jpg

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
If you drop that rear down one hole it will be trenching, have tried that on a few with not good results. Sucking the front up one hole on the strap will help keeping the skis more planted.

I bought myself a Christmas Present and since then, have had more fun on the Alpha that I ever had. No more ski's in the air ( unless I WANT THEM TO) and FLAT out takes a beating!!!!
The Evol Shocks are a huge Bonus
Are you running stock spindles?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^wow. no sh!t
hey, nice youtube edits bro, if thats your channel.. came up on my feed with your screename and thought it looked familiar.

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
^wow. no sh!t
hey, nice youtube edits bro, if thats your channel.. came up on my feed with your screename and thought it looked familiar.

Yeah, that’s my YouTube, and my work. I do it as a hobby for fun. Since I can’t go big on the sled for the rest of my life, doctors orders. I’ll try make them best of it.

I got my ECU programmed at Arctic edge. Price was a lot. But I freaked out and got myself a jaws pipe set up at the same time so he flashed it for that too.

First day out tomorrow. see how it goes.

Premium Features