• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019-2020 MN snow conditions.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
We're off to a great start hopefully it continues. Now if we could get some cold weather for a week or so to freeze up the swamps, creeks and make the ice a little safer on the lakes.

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Season was over in Brainerd about the 2nd week of feb. warmed up turned it all to ice, then no new snow in feb or March. Wife and I got out one day and rode the 40 degree mashed potatoes. People were still riding but it wasn’t what I’d call fun so we waited for the snow that never came. I really need to start running west again. Used to make a trip or two a year but then got busy with the kid playing ball and it didn’t work schedule wise. Now that we could we haven’t. Maybe 20/21 will be the winter.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Season was over in Brainerd about the 2nd week of feb. warmed up turned it all to ice, then no new snow in feb or March. Wife and I got out one day and rode the 40 degree mashed potatoes. People were still riding but it wasn’t what I’d call fun so we waited for the snow that never came. I really need to start running west again. Used to make a trip or two a year but then got busy with the kid playing ball and it didn’t work schedule wise. Now that we could we haven’t. Maybe 20/21 will be the winter.
I didn't even ride much in Minnesota this year. Road around my property a little and that was it. I seen people riding on the ice trails, did not look enjoyable to me.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
This was the year that put me over the edge for selling my MN sled. Going to pick up a set of tracks for the SxS and just play in that in the MN winters going forward and just plan to sled out west. If by chance we get hammered here in MN I'll break out the 174 and play in it. LOL

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
We started out the year pretty good. Then wife put hers in the north end of whipple in Baxter and that slowed us down. Once we were back up and rolling again we got a few good days in and then the warm up came and it stopped snowing.

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
This was the year that put me over the edge for selling my MN sled. Going to pick up a set of tracks for the SxS and just play in that in the MN winters going forward and just plan to sled out west. If by chance we get hammered here in MN I'll break out the 174 and play in it. LOL

I rode a 162 here in mn for a couple years. It was a bit of a handful on the tight trails but I could drop into any ditch line I wanted and as long as I kept the rubber side down I knew I was blowing out the other side.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Newest trail sled we have is a 11 shift 136 mainly bought it for ice fishing but I didn't even do that this year. The ice was just to sketchy. I know I wont be buying any new trail sleds for quite a while. I'll just keep running the old sleds for around here.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I rode a 162 here in mn for a couple years. It was a bit of a handful on the tight trails but I could drop into any ditch line I wanted and as long as I kept the rubber side down I knew I was blowing out the other side.

Early in the season I wanted to get some miles on the new 174 for testing and rode a bunch at our cabin near LOW. it was still a blast to play on even in MN. LOL

Premium Features